Klipsch KG4 Placement

frjeff

New member and a real newb here.

Setting up a vintage system and scored a nice pair of subject speakers.

Having no "User Manual", need some tips on placement.

How far from back wall?

Best spacing distance (if any)?

Any other tips are appreciated as well.

J+

I've got KG4s and they need corners. I have mine in corners approximately 45 degrees and only slightly off the walls. That general configuration in any house that I've been in since 1990 has been the ticket. Play around with toe in/out and distance though. Each room is a little different. Good luck!

I've got KG4s and they need corners. I have mine in corners approximately 45 degrees and only slightly off the walls.

Agree 100%. I do give the passive radiators 6 or 8 inches from the corners to breath. I also have them on heavy 24 inch risers with the bases removed, they are too short to place on the floor IMO.

When I had KG4s 10-12" from the rear wall and near a corner worked best. Sometimes I had them on 10" stands, sometimes I had them on the floor.

I sold mine when I got my Heresy IIs, wish I would have kept them for the garage.

BTW if you have cats or small children a pair of covers from Parts Express will protect the the passives from small fingers and claws.

Got mine close to the corners about 10 inches from the wall.

Have them on granite Slabs on a suspended wooden floor that made a vast improvement over just on the floor.

Do not seem that fussy about spacing have them in as small room and they sound great.

Great vintage Speakers often overlooked.