My first table saw for the shop....

Boxx

Anybody have a recommendation regarding a Dado blade?

Freud 6" super dado set. You will spend a few bucks but I can tell you that this set does a fine job. I have run hundreds of feet with this set and the dado's are still very clean. I would not suggest going with a larger set based on the table saw you will be using and assuming that you will be making minor depth dado cuts. With regards to blades in general CMT blade do a fantastic job and I can generally pick them up for less than the Freud blades without sacrificing anything. I've used a ton of different blades over the years and these have become my go to blades for everything.

• Like 1

Freud 6" super dado set. You will spend a few bucks but I can tell you that this set does a fine job. I have run hundreds of feet with this set and the dado's are still very clean. I would not suggest going with a larger set based on the table saw you will be using and assuming that you will be making minor depth dado cuts. With regards to blades in general CMT blade do a fantastic job and I can generally pick them up for less than the Freud blades without sacrificing anything. I've used a ton of different blades over the years and these have become my go to blades for everything.

Thanks for the input... I've decided to go with a Freud set....

You will not be disappointed but please figure out your guide and hold down system first as well as your out feed table so you can continue to type with all your fingers. :D

You will not be disappointed but please figure out your guide and hold down system first as well as your out feed table so you can continue to type with all your fingers. :D

:o

I KNOW there has to be some pics somewhere of your new toy Boxx.

I'm still waiting for it to be delivered... The ice storm has pretty much put us on lock-down. My latest tracking shows that it should make it here today...

I will post some when I get it in hand.....

You should check out Grizzly.com and if you can get to a showroom you will be suprised i have been to the one in Springfield,Mo and wow. Also give woodworker's supply a look i have ordered alot of veneer from there. The Freud and CMT blades are very good. The first thing i got for my power miter saw was a Freud Diablo from woodworker's supply.