How to make a deal with someone with NO HISTORY?

Audio Android

Hey everyone I'm in the middle of making an online deal with a new member who is cross country and is asking for full payment on a speaker after I said I would send him half now half on delivery, and I'm hesitant now to send any money till I have the speaker.....Not sure how to proceed...... The only other person who he has sold anything to has only 1 post. So no talking to them either...????......So my question is how do you go about making an online deal with a brand new member who has joined only to sell his system and has no previous history????

Edited by Audio Android

I would say paypal would be the way to go, but if that was a case I would have sold my Khorns to someone in Texas that emailed me through CL. But I didn't, I have taken risk and they worked out. Follow your gut do what feels right, maybe there is another member in that area that could be a broker.

Duder it's funny you should be the one to post because I think your the closest.........It's the guy selling that RC-52II....and I'm getting a funny feeling :unsure:.....Just because he just joined to sell his system that he says he bought, then put in another room after his TV took a crap, then never bothered to hook it back up. And the only other member to buy anything from him literally has one post, that read "I will buy that you have a PM"......I dunno???

Edited by Audio Android

I agree with scrappy. Any time I am considering a substantial online purchase, usually through Audiogon, I get the guy's number and talk on the phone. While not a guarantee of a smooth transaction, you can often get a good feeling about how legitimate the seller is. If someone refuses to have a phone conversation with me, I walk.

Shakey

Get telephone dialog going with this individual.

My recent experience with a new member was fantastic.

Here is my write up about the experience:

"I just wanted to take this time and give a little praise to new member Steran(Spencer) for a wonderful transaction. He was decisive, didn't object to the price, and payed very promptly. I chatted with him on the phone for a while and he seemed like a genuine guy who shares the love of audio like most of us on this great forum do.

Spencer joined the forum after finding my ad through a Google search and immediately sent me a PM expressing his interest in the Acurus and his willingness to comply with any rules and jump through any hoops for me to sell him the amp. After our first correspondence, immediate trust was solidified.

Thank you Spencer.

Bill"

Bill

Edited by willland

History smistory. Forum members with hundreds of posts will still get to you. Granted the opposite is normally true but it can happen. Post count has nothing to do with integrity. Caveat Emptor.

Get his home and work numbers and call him back. Use Pay-Pal. Follow your gut. Good Luck!!!

Trust me im not going to screw you over. i just spent 55 to send a $240 speaker. since i did not have the original box. i insured it for 250. The story is true with the tv. i had a 4000$ samsung tv that i bought and it shelled out in 6 months for no reason. i read samsungs warranty and they said they did not have to warrant the tv even if i didnt use a samsung hdmi cord. Which i used a no name brand hdmi. so i unhooked my dvd and reviever and put it in a spare bedroom since it took them 2 months to figure out they didnt know what was wrong with it and that they would refund me. After 2 months with no tv i never got around to hooking it back up so i just let it sit . Bottom line is you got a good deal and i know im a stranger but i would never screw anyone over even if i didnt know them.

• Like 1

History smistory. Forum members with hundreds of posts will still get to you. Granted the opposite is normally true but it can happen. Post count has nothing to do with integrity. Caveat Emptor.

Get his home and work numbers and call him back. Use Pay-Pal. Follow your gut. Good Luck!!!

Yeah, Carl don't take no checks or Payments. Ha :D

Yeah, Carl don't take no checks or Payments. Ha :D

You never really know someone till you have financial dealings with them do you?? :o

We have Ironed everything out in Pay-Pal and the speaker is on it's way.......It's a RC-52II I'm giving to my parents to try and get their TV system up to snuff.......I'm just upset because it's being flanked by a set of Polk monitor 70's I bought them years ago....So I still have some work to do.. :cool:

Audio sorry I never got to you for help, I am glad it looks everything is working ok. I would have been willing to be a broker, I have no problems doing that for anyone on this forum. I forget to follow post and sometimes don't get back to them. Hopefully it all works out, was it the guy from Columbus NE.