Speaker stands for Klipsch Heresys.

jhw59

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays! I've been looking for a while for stands-2-3 feet in height-for my Klipsch Heresys with no luck. I don't want to spend a fortune on these-$100 or less each and WAF is important. My Klipsch have the square risers underneath them which are 12" by 12". Any advice appreciated!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you want any bass from a loudspeaker somewhat lacking in bass to begin with (no disrespect for a fine product) while elevating the listening level you might try slant risers or building a solid platform under the units using 4" X 8" X 16" cement blocks (no cavities). It's the open space underneath where the bass is lost. Cost is about a dollar each and if you aren"t satisfied they can be returned. The idea of stacking cement blocks in your living room sounds crazy I'm sure but they can be covered with you choice of fabric or framed with your choice of building material. I recommend completing the project with the wife away or unaware. Corner placement if possible will result in noticeable improvement as well. Good luck, i hope you find this useful.

• Like 4

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays! I've been looking for a while for stands-2-3 feet in height-for my Klipsch Heresys with no luck. I don't want to spend a fortune on these-$100 or less each and WAF is important. My Klipsch have the square risers underneath them which are 12" by 12". Any advice appreciated!

Here's an inexpensive experiment/sloution;

MIW-L.jpg

http://www.foambymail.com/MIW/monitor-isolation-wedge.html

Just remember that the Heresys are voiced to be placed on the floor. They actually sound very good and well balanced on the floor and the bass completely falls apart when raised up. There is a change that can be done to the crossover (changing taps on the autoformer) to even them out but you lose efficiency.

understood but I use a sub so not owrried about loss of bass.

Thes are Skylan Stand stands which ar 21"" tall not including the spikes under braced and damped Heresy 3, bass is excellent. Mid horn is at my seated ear height stage and image are also exellent. The tweeter horns of these speakers are now living up on top of the cabinets and are aligned with the mid horn. The stand collums are mass loadable and in this case on a concrete floor they are filled with sand. You would want to use much less damping /mass on a suspended floor. Hope this is of interest, best regards Moray James.

post-44375-0-85880000-1389284061_thumb.j

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pik showing the stand. I did not have to remove the risers as Anthony recommended. After several days of listening, I have no hesitation in recommending these stands. They are custom built for your speaker type. Most important: 100% WAF!

post-28050-0-65120000-1391367195.jpg

Edited by jhw59
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

A trick I use when I have speaker stands is to take an old yoga mat and cut it in the shape of the bottom of your speaker then put it between the speaker and the stand. When you put the speaker on the stand press down slightly and the speaker will 'stick'. I did this with my Ksb 1.1's I have for surrounds and it actually really helped with bringing out the details. I have my KG5.5's on cement pavers and used the mat as well to keep the bottoms from getting scratched up and it seems to work there as well.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...