Cable Management?

jtubbs6117

Great question that does not have an easy answer lol. For me i had a huge nest that was scary to look at. It was hidden so just lived with it lol. But finaly I pulled it all apart and took my time. Also i ran a few things to another room. Like my cable internet box and wireless router. And i use wire tubing for speaker cables and a few other things. good luck

I've posted on this topic in the past and cannot find it. I have a couple methods. Fist is some cheap zip tie anchors screwed into the back of the electronics cabinet. They are permanent since zip ties are ever changing. Second. More zip ties. A trick I have used for plug wires on cars works with my system also. If you need separation in your cable run gather all the wires and loosely ziptie them together. Then run a ziptie between each cable completely around the first tie. Repeat as needed. Then pull it all tight. I cannot open old thread for some reason but if you google "zips tie spark plug wire loom" you will see what I'm talking about

Like the Velcro idea.

Since my area is walled in on three sides and cables are hard to see I use a great insulator that can be cut or drilled as required a 2 x 4.

I convince myself that seperating power cords and speaker cables from interconnects is a sonic improvement. In the past when ever a hum creeped in, I would move the power cables until stopped.

Repeated this for a couple years until installing power cords under a 2 x 4 that was raised up off the floor by a couple of smaller 2 x 4s. Interconnects lay on top of 2 x 4. Some sell wood blocks designed for raising cables off the floor at $250 each, $2.50 2 x 4 seems get the job done last three years no hum.

Edited by BE36
  • Like 1

My cable don't look bad until you get behind the TV console. My problem is I always keep the wires several feet longer than the just right fit in case I need to move things around. I guess I can live with the wires on the floor behind the TV console and not have any wire showing at the walls.