New system

Newf

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum, I have purchased a new system 2 F30 towers, a rc62 center, 2 b10 speakers and a 12 inch synergy, with a onkyo tx-nr626. First of all i was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good setup before i actually unbox all this stuff, and if so i am prewiring my house tomorrow if anyone may have some tips?

Thanks

Edited by Newf

Newf,

Hope you like the forum and stay awhile, most of us like scrappydue and myself are here daily.

Make sure you wire for future upgrades like a second sub and a separate amp as most of us here are bitten with the disease upgrade it is. Also consider running wire if you may some day want to go 7 channel surround.

I ran separate circuits for my amplifires and my subs...

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I own an older onkyo and I like it. You have the newest model. I'm sure it will be great. Not sure how great of a deal you got

On the synergy f series. But if I were to offer any advice it would be to go with a full reference series as they are a much more high performance speaker. Maybe two rf-62's to match the center and then either RB-61 or rs-42 or even rs-52 for rears. I prefer the surround style over a bookshelf for 5.1 surround

Newf,

How much did you spend total, and is that the limit of your budget or could you spend a little more, if so, how much?? Then maybe scrappy could recommend the peaker setup that would work best for you.

Also, what is the size of the room you have for listening in the basement??

Finally, the center speaker and the sub are the most important in your system IMHO, and the basement is going to eat bass from your subs output.

Give us the info, and we will try to help you out...

Roger