Klipsch B10B as Computer Speakers?

RockCrayfish

Hey all,

I snagged a pair of Klipsch B10B Synergy bookshelf speakers for $74.99 from Bestbuy.ca this weekend. It seemed like a great deal so I performed a "purchase now, think later", with the understanding that they could be returned at a later date.

My current setup, Logitech Z-2300 connected to on-board sound card (Realtek ALC898 chip), has served me well. However, my plan is to purchase a small Lepai 20 watt amp from Amazon.ca and run the B10B's off the on-board sound card or an external Creative Live! 24-bit external USB sound card I have laying around. See link: http://www.amazon.com/70SB049000000-Creative-Technology-External-external/dp/B00030099O

The Logitech Z-2300's are decent but I'm looking for better sound quality and a way of eliminating the "boomy" Logitech sub.

Will the Lepai amplifier and external or on-board sound card paired with the B10B's be an improvement? I'd rather not waste my money on an amp, albeit a cheap amp, if it's unnecessary.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a winner, better sound is never a bad thing.

Welcome to the forum

If you have a stereo in the room that you can connect to rca cord and adapt to computer output it will beat any computer speakers hands down. :)

John

Thanks!

I'm just hoping it will actually be better sounding before I spend money on an amp. As you guys have stated, that will likely be the case but I have no experience with home theater speakers outside my pair of 1988 Polk Audio SDA. :)

I'm just hoping it will actually be better sounding before I spend money on an amp. As you guys have stated, that will likely be the case but I have no experience with home theater speakers outside my pair of 1988 Polk Audio SDA. :)

Are your speakers in the same room as your computer? My 4 speakers are behind me but sound much better then any computer speakers I have had.

What do you have driving your Polk Audio speakers? Can you run a input line to that.

Where are you located? General area. May have mitsubishi pre and power amp sitting around.

John

Are your speakers in the same room as your computer? My 4 speakers are behind me but sound much better then any computer speakers I have had.

What do you have driving your Polk Audio speakers? Can you run a input line to that.

Where are you located? General area. May have mitsubishi pre and power amp sitting around.

John

The speakers will be positioned on my computer desk in my office. Unfortunately, for the Klipsch, my Polks are being driven by a Pioneer AVR on the other end of the house. I'm in Newfoundland, Canada, so your Mitsubishi pre and power amp won't be of any benefit to me. I really appreciate the offer though, thanks!

Edited by RockCrayfish