Klipsch RF-42ii vs RF-7ii vs RF-83 Comparison!

Youthman

• Moderators

That won't be necessary GTS. These lil guys are feeling pretty grown up being setup in my HT. I don't want to deflate their ego by letting Daddy 83 flex his muscles.

I just hooked up the Harman Kardon and the sub with the mains and it sounds fantastic for a small setup. Bass doesn't dig deep but I'm used to the RSW15 so I wouldn't expect it to.

They are seriously going to be thoroughly impressed and get a lot more than what she was originally expecting with a soundbar

• Moderators

I just tested the smaller KW-100 sub and unfortunately, it will not turn on. I was hoping to sell it for them to try and get us close to her $400 budget. :( It's still a great buy, just would have been even better deal if we could have sold the smaller sub.

you said you hooked them up in the theater room? has he ever heard your gear? if not you should hook the shoe 5.1 setup up in there and let him come check it out. it's amazing how a big huge screen will make them speakers "sound" even bigger.

That is so true. Watching a movie on a big screen really changes the size of the sound. It's strange but true lol

I completely agree Reference head, the first time I listed to the THX speakers they sounded amazing and very movie theater like. I remember speaking with you a lot on the phone and after installing the 115” screen I was jaw dropped how they all sound especially because mine can’t be seen unless the lights are on. Lights off they completely disappear in the bat cave since they are mounted on angled brackets from the angled black ceiling and the black velvet curtain is just below them where the screen is. Props to your recommendations.

“Youth” those speakers actually are really sharp looking. I wouldn’t mind having a pair in my bedroom for the tv but my Wife won’t allow me to put any speakers in there. Only the living room, theater room and the garage, if it were up to me I’d have a TV in the shower with quintets in the bathroom for shaving haha then again I’m sure lots of us would. Though they are very attractive speakers almost fell out of my office chair at work when I saw them next to your RF-7iis laughing. He will have a very Merry Christmas and I agree with Scrappy it would be an awesome demo for him to hear them in your theater before taking them home to play with.