La Scalas for sale $1500

crouse

I have a pair of LS with Crites CT125 tweeters and 4500 crossovers.

When I try to attach pics, I get a "file too large" message. I'll be happy to email pics to anyone who is interested.

crouse99@yahoo.com

I am in Florence, Ms., about 10 miles south of Jackson.

Thanks,

Clay

Edit: let's try this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/119962147@N08/

Edited by crouse
  • Like 1

Yes, you are after all, looking for someone to drop $1700 on a luxury item for themselves, two weeks before Christmas. I'd just wait until after the holidays if a price drop isn't in the cards right now. Best of luck to you in your sale and Happy Holidays!

• 2 months later...

That's creeping into Klipschorn territory. LaScalas run between $800-$1200.

old thread... but have noticed what some folks are asking for Heresys these days Dean?

outrageous... but if you can get that price, more power to you.

That's creeping into Klipschorn territory. LaScalas run between $800-$1200.

old thread... but have noticed what some folks are asking for Heresys these days Dean?

outrageous... but if you can get that price, more power to you.

I forgot I had this posted. I just posted them for sale @ AK for $1500. So, call this a bump with a price drop :)

I call this a pipe dream !

I see what Schu is saying and notice that many times there is no rhyme or reason behind pricing and I see all types of pricing extremes (and sometimes even sales at the pricing extremes). For this one, I think the marketing aspect (think pictures and more detail information on the specific condition of the pair for sale) is on the poor side and could be a whole lot better.

While I also see a substantial majority of pairs sell in the range Dean has outlined and I don't necessarily believe I would price something for every dollar I have invested, but many people do and I believe the Crites network is ~ $220 and the Crites tweeters ~$170. Although, sometimes these items help a sale, sometimes they may hurt a sale as people may want original parts, factor in the prices of the Crites items and they get closer to, or maybe in the high end, of Dean's range.

Also, there was a pair on the forum that sold during January 2014 for around $2,000 (had the factory boxes and crites crossovers, but stock tweeters), but the marketing was a whole lot better in that ad.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147640-1987-lascalas-for-sale-in-wi-2000-crites-networks-factory-boxes-will-ship/

To me, this listing lacks good marketing and that 'age old' saying seems to apply in this situation too that "a {good} picture is worth a thousand words." Then people may truely have a basis for consideration.

Edited by Fjd

buy or not buy fellas. I really tire of all this pricing talk on here.

Actually, that was what I was trying to point out in a diplomatic, discerning and polite way (trying not to make it about "me," trying not to get on the soapbox and scold, and trying not to start a flaming-rope tug of war with both side of the rope pulling hard and piling on), by gathering a few of the 'pricing' posts, then show how the OP may not be too far off from the 'typical' expectations of some on the forum conveyed in those posts, there again, I believed in a thoughtful, considerate and helpful kind of way.

I then offered up the point to the OP about pictures always seem to help sell, but maybe I missed the mark as I'm now reading more and more general posts 'tugging' away.....oh well, another lesson in human nature, the OP has my apologies if I've now added to the 'tugging' on both sides rather than been helpful, as that was not my intent. Maybe others will offer apologies or just stay away from the thread. After all, we have a dedicated thread for those who suddenly get the urge to just squat and crap.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/148425-thread-crapping-honey-pot/page-12#entry1703460

I know that many browse many 'garage sale' types of sites not necessarily intending to buy, but a good picture can hook a person to look at something further and end up buying something that wasn't necessarily on the agenda for the day. I know that I browse (window shop looking at a lot of "like to have" items or items that I'm not familiar with) a lot, and end up buying a lot. I still believe a good picture sells, but not everyone is inclined to ask for a picture when uncertain of buying and browsing. Personally I don't ask for a picture, but if a picture has been there, I've been hooked.

Edited by Fjd

Changed the title of the ad to reflect the new price. The site tells me my pics are too large to attach, so I've added my email address if anyone wants pics.

Thanks

Hi Crouse - Pictures must be less than 2MB. If uploading multiple pics in a single post, the total must be less than 2MB. Hope this helps. Good luck with your sale.