La Scalas for sale $1500

crouse

I appreciated Fjd's comments. Price and pictures are certainly important in deciding whether to make further inquiries. One of the things I like most about this site is the civility members show to one another and I though Fjd was both constructive and respectful. Not sure why Colterphoto1 got upset. In any event, I appreciate OP's telling us the price, the location and showing pictures. After all, one man's "excellent" is another's "needs work." Also, those of us who are new to Klipsch, do not have the perspective that many of you have concerning a "fair price."

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

I appreciated Fjd's comments. Price and pictures are certainly important in deciding whether to make further inquiries. One of the things I like most about this site is the civility members show to one another and I though Fjd was both constructive and respectful. Not sure why Colterphoto1 got upset. In any event, I appreciate OP's telling us the price, the location and showing pictures. After all, one man's "excellent" is another's "needs work." Also, those of us who are new to Klipsch, do not have the perspective that many of you have concerning a "fair price."

Thanks. The garage sale section seems to be an ongoing area of debate.

I'll typically try to PM a seller if I think I can communicate tactfully rather than post in a thread. To me, it is always a fine line on what to post and try to use language that will mitigate missunderstanding when many eyes are reading or pretending to read; therefore, I do not typically post anything in the garage sale threads.

However, I'm not certain Colterphoto1 was necessarily upset with my post specifically. If a post is after mine and not referencing another specific post, I believed that I should further detail my intent, which I also hoped would curb the random posts (i.e. those flaming tug-of-war posts that are general). Guess it failed in some respects, but did seem to provide useful for the OP to revisit the site and add pictures and a new price.

Boy, you ask too much for something and all you hear are crickets! Any offers?

That's creeping into Klipschorn territory. LaScalas run between $800-$1200.

He didn't specifically reply to the OP, but I tended to give Dean the benefit of doubt on this one since Dean is fairly vocal on misuse of the garage sale section, figuring he was on an archaeological expedition through the garage sale forum and was resonding to the OP post above.

outrageous... but if you can get that price, more power to you.

To me, this post seemed to be the start of the downward spiral, but my post tried to acknowledge his view and tried to put a positive spin and help 'level-set' the OP's price.

"continued" due to using too many quotes.

I forgot I had this posted. I just posted them for sale @ AK for $1500. So, call this a bump with a price drop :)

I call this a pipe dream !

When I saw this one, I was somewhat surprised as I remembered how mikebse2a3 and PrestonTom tried made "specific" comments in an effort to help davis419b get his garage sale thread back on track. My post was intended to follow mikebse2a3 and PrestonTom's examples of being specific.

Heck it was designed as a high power TWEETER to go on top of a 402/K1133, for gosh sake. It loses pattern control at 3.3 times the frequency of a 402, and that's very important to a lot of people.

Claude it was designed for Klipsch's 3-way as well as for their smaller 2-way cinema systems and not just as a tweeter..!

I don't know how davis419b feels but I wouldn't appreciate someone coming into my for sale thread with this sort of posting.

davis419b sorry for my post in your thread but I thought this should be clarified and lessen any confusion for someone interested in your sale as well as the K510.

miketn

Hey Mike, You are right I dont like it ! Problem is it is not an accurate statement. I have KPT-904's that came with a 510 horn from 1998 which is long before the Jubilee was designed. I have never measured anything with anything other than my ears and they dont agree with Claude. They may not sound good on top of his LaScala type bass bins but they sound great on top of Jubilee bass bins !

Claude, we all appreciate you enthusiasm.

However, this thread is about a sale and it is posted in the Garage Sale forum. Perhaps a simple apology and then backing away would be best.

Potentially more downward spiral below.

buy or not buy fellas. I really tire of all this pricing talk on here.

As I mentioned above, I'm not certain Colterphoto1 even read the entire thread and I'm not certain he was necessarily upset with my post specifically. Since he did not reply to anyone specifically and it came after my post, I believed that I should further detail my intent, which I also hoped would curb the random posts (i.e. those flaming tug-of-war posts that are general).

Not sure what the posts below ad to the OP's thread, since it is not clear who they are responding to or if they read the entire thread.

Not buy.

Or at least make a offer...

extremely rude to hijack a sellers garage sale ad because you don't like his price....stfu!

Once again, my apologies to the OP, but hope he appreciates another 'bump.'

• Moderators

Exactly. Sellers are welcome to sell at what they deem worthy without people jumping on their thread criticizing. If they don't sell, they don't sell.

• Like 3

Exactly. Sellers are welcome to sell at what they deem worthy without people jumping on their thread criticizing. If they don't sell, they don't sell.

Thanks Amy. If I can't sell them at my price, so be it. I've seen people asking anywhere from 750 to 2500 for a pair of LS. For those who think I am asking too much, I have about $1500 in them. Perhaps I paid too much for them; but, to me, they are worth it. If you want a pair of LS and can get them for less with the Crites updates, glass tops and a new finish, then more power to you. If you wait long enough, there will always be someone who needs the money and will sell them for significantly less than they have in them. That's not me.

• Like 1

I respectfully would suggest that we are missing the point. Clearly Crouse has the right to try and sell his LS's for whatever he wishes. For me the issue is whether others have the right to discuss whether that price is in line with other sales. As I said before, those of us who are new to higher end audio in general, and Klipsch in particular, come here to learn. One of the things I have learned was that original selling price is irrelevant and that resale prices vary widely. When I recently bought a pair of Cornscalas as a result of a positing on this site I depended on Shu and others telling me it was a fair deal. I continue to seek their expertise as to the characteristics of different speakers/amps/preamps, etc., price and technical information.

Thanks.

• Moderators
For me the issue is whether others have the right to discuss whether that price is in line with other sales.

I think it's fine to discuss current asking prices on the main part forum, just not in regard to specific sales posts here. I find it a bit rude to the seller.

If someone buys speakers without doing any research, that's their choice.

• Like 1

Amy,

How about the buyers; they are forum members as well? I just do not see what is "rude" concerning discussing a price which may or may not be out of line. Very often posts discuss a price as being "fair" or "crazy low" or one of many other characterizations which are favorable to the seller. There has never been a discussion about such comments being inappropriate or rude, nor do I believe they are rude or inappropriate. In my case such a characterization caused me to buy. It is not just when a price seems out of line on the high side that members post. As I said, I would not know where in the spectrum a price falls given my inexperience without forum members insight.

I will respect the rules, but they seem a bit one-sided. Being the "Queen" has its advantages. :) This will be my last post on the subject as I think it will devolve from here.

All the best,

Earl

Edited by eth2

• Moderators
I will respect the rules, but they seem a bit one-sided. Being the "Queen" has its advantages

Haha, one would think so. It's overrated.

I've always said to take Garage Sale discussions (from both sides) about price or other hagglings off the forum into private messaging, but I don't police it constantly. I don't want to be too heavy-handed. But when people jump in just to tell someone they are being ridiculous about a price, especially if they are not a buyer, that seems a bit much.

Not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind. We should let the original poster get back to selling his La Scalas, however. :)

• Like 1

For me the issue is whether others have the right to discuss whether that price is in line with other sales.

I think it's fine to discuss current asking prices on the main part forum, just not in regard to specific sales posts here. I find it a bit rude to the seller.

If someone buys speakers without doing any research, that's their choice.

Negative posts about price on internet Forum FS Rooms, have always been considered rude.

I believe it may be more far-reaching than just avoiding the negative posts. I took Amy's comment to mean that both ends of the pricing discussion should be avoided.

For example, those posts that state, 'wow, I wouldn't sell mine for $3,000 let alone the $1,700 you are asking.'

Essentially, it is perfectly OK to start a new thread in the 'lounge' section of the forum and ask for input as to what something is worth, just do not indicate why you want to know.

Overall, it will keep these threads short and sweet, will only include comments when the seller solicits comments, and will only be bumped if the seller desires to bump.

apparently some people still aren't "in the know". Feel free to continue discussion here: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/148425-thread-crapping-honey-pot/

I like it and offered that thread up earlier too.

Maybe others will offer apologies or just stay away from the thread. After all, we have a dedicated thread for those who suddenly get the urge to just squat and crap.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/148425-thread-crapping-honey-pot/page-12#entry1703460

• Like 1

Amy,

How about the buyers; they are forum members as well? I just do not see what is "rude" concerning discussing a price which may or may not be out of line. Very often posts discuss a price as being "fair" or "crazy low" or one of many other characterizations which are favorable to the seller. There has never been a discussion about such comments being inappropriate or rude, nor do I believe they are rude or inappropriate. In my case such a characterization caused me to buy. It is not just when a price seems out of line on the high side that members post. As I said, I would not know where in the spectrum a price falls given my inexperience without forum members insight.

I will respect the rules, but they seem a bit one-sided. Being the "Queen" has its advantages. :) This will be my last post on the subject as I think it will devolve from here.

All the best,

Earl

you can do this but not in the seller's thread. start your own thread or PM people. don't hijack a seller's thread, you are not the price police. it's rude, the seller has every right to get the best price he or she can...

• Like 1