1968 Cornwall II speaker terminal question

landru

Need help please as I just received these speakers last night for a refurb. Could someone send me a pic (or give advice) of what the speaker terminals are supposed to look like on a Cornwall II from 1968? Mine look like the attached pic and I suspect it may be missing something but not sure? Thanks

post-57692-0-47220000-1386724574_thumb.j

Thanks and I understand. This sounds like a good suggestion, but I'm trying to keep this as original as possible. I did not upload my attachment correctly the first time, so trying again.

As you will see, there appear to be two "bare" threaded posts underneath the two slotted screws. It appears (but I do not know) that there may have once been a couple of (possible) nuts (which are now missing) which would have screwed on to these threads and secured the two speaker wires?

If not, do I simply use the two slotted screws to secure the speaker wires and ignore the threaded posts?

Thanks again

"It appears (but I do not know) that there may have once been a couple of (possible) nuts (which are now missing) which would have screwed on to these threads and secured the two speaker wires?"

No nuts.

These are the screws that come through the ring terminals (inside) and fix the block to the back of the cabinet.

I would dissassemble and clean the ring terminals.

I think the following is going on.

The barrier strip from the manufacturer had four short screws which inserted from the top. So each individual metal bar had two threaded holes, and still does.

But Klipsch removed two of the short screws and replaced them with long ones, maybe one-inch long. These have the screw heads inside the box and their threads engage the bars from the bottom. What your seeing is the threaded ends of these.

You don't need a nut because the bar is threaded.

WMcD

I use some kind of connector with Gold plated Brass screws. they are made in Germany and cheap as a dime. I use them or my CW and also on the crossovers I build. they come with three pins originally but I take one of them out. here is a picture of a XOver with that connector:

image 1

I also use them on some of other project. here is a picture of a PCB of a tube amp I built as you can see them with three pins here:

image 2

and a closer one:

image 3