Hopefull

beercanman

Hello,

First of all let me say I have been a Klipsch fan from the moment I first heard one of my friends older brothers stereo. It was 1980 and he was playing Pigs On The Wing by Pink Floyd....wow! Since that time I have always wanted those speakers but could never afford them. Well, here we are 30 plus years later and there is a local ad for this:

KLIPSCH HERESY Vintage All Original Condition-Sound Great!

00a0a_fHUUos8CvZd_600x450.jpg

Model Year mid 80's! Original Condition No Mods or Funky Varnish!
Cabinets and Grills in Fair Condition for Age! EZ to Refinish!
Drivers All Good! Sound is Still Klipsch, Selling for More on Ebay
Please NO Low Balls--No Scams--Cash or Trade for Widescreen TV!
Local Guy with Local References-Guaranteed! Email for Info/Demo

I want them! My problem is I do not know if this is a fair price or not. $350 dollars so I am asking the experts...thoughts?

I can drive them with either a Onkyo A5 amp or a Marantz 2215B reciever. I have variuos other newer surround sound systems but I dont like them. Fine for TV.

Heresy's have been up in price lately due to people parting them out and selling them. That has made a shortage. They do look rough from the angles in the photos, so you gotta figure the sides and tops are even rougher. They would be worth a listen, and and offer if you like what you hear.

I'm more concerned about sound than cosmetics. I would build a barnwood with chicken wire surround to put them in so the wife wont hate them so much. We have a rustic old mountain house.

A wife that is easy to please is worth their weight in gold. I'd say yes, they should sound good then. Might want to keep the grills on though.

I'm more concerned about sound than cosmetics. I would build a barnwood with chicken wire surround to put them in so the wife wont hate them so much. We have a rustic old mountain house.

A wife that is easy to please is worth their weight in gold. I'd say yes, they should sound good then. Might want to keep the grills on though.

I use to have a man cave that I kept my sound system in. I had to shut it down and repourpose the space. The wife wants me to get the speakers because she knows how bad I want them. If I get them I will also get to reclaim my cave because the old 1898 house would shake apart from the volume. If I get the cave back no need to hide them. Front and center as is. Here is the cave as it was....

04294040a488e81cf9333dd82aa2b8ea.jpg

e1c935b4da5862dc74397db1f11852ec.jpg

430105_2977561171629_541710574_n.jpg

254764_2093636514065_7577815_n.jpg?lvh=1

281365_2093634154006_2131896_n.jpg

281365_2093634074004_373268_n.jpg

296482_2093633954001_746762035_n.jpg

Check this curb find out. I had to rip it apart and re-grease the direct drive but it works great. The sound isn't good. bad speakers. I was tempted to disconnect the factory speakers and upgrade them but a old hippy buddy of mine convinced me that is what it should sound like. It folds up and can be hung on the wall

46e1c225ba3eb2655f95bf10bbafa132.jpg

Edited by beercanman