Hopefull

beercanman

Bought them! The guy knew his stuff. He was a musician. He had a lot of gear. I told him what amp I was using so he pulled out a similar amp and hooked the speakers up to it. They are a little beat up cosmetically but the sound is awesome. cant wait to hook them up here tomorrow.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Great room, it just looks like a cool place to hang out. Wait till you hear your new speakers in there, your neighbors might not be as happy.

You got a working pair of Heresy's for 325, I would be happy with that deal, the parts alone cost more.

"My old speakers are up in the rafters, would the Klipsch sound better at ground level?"

They will have the best bass on the floor, in a corner.

They might sound the best and have the widest coverage up in the air, you can always add a sub if you need more low end. I used a pair with four 15" JBL pro woofers at one time. They could play louder than Klipschorns, and with more bass.

I cleaned up and modified my HIP, then sold them to a friend. I have all the parts to build another set, might have to get it together this winter.

"$325 was the final price"

Sounds fair since they worked great and it was local.

A perfect pair of HBR that I sold new in the 70's for about $600 sold a couple of years ago on eBay for $1800 (perfect, all boxes, packing, and original paperwork). I thought that was insane, but the guy really wanted them, and they were a perfect match for a pair he already had.

Hey Mate,

Great Man Cave!!!

You can never pay too much for something that you treasured as a kid.

When i was a teenager there was a Darth Vader statue in the city's biggest department store.

I used to go in and look at it all the time. 20 years later i found a forum known as The PropDen, $5000 later i am in the home straight to fulfil that dream.

Enjoy the speakers

regards

Paul

• Like 1