refinishing a textured composite box

botelerc

I disagree with that 100 percent. I rolled it on thick and once the box was covered I then used that roller and rolled it down then back in strips and covered the entire box in one direction. Then rotated 90 degree and did the same. I went till their was zero noise left coming from the roller. No "splatter" sound. If that makes sense. Have me a very nice finish. And the other guys that have done these builds around me all said they liked my finish much better than Theirs. I think they all said that most likely the special roller it comes with was probably the reason it looked better. They are a very unique roller. I couldn't find anything similar in any paint stores or anything like them.

May have been the roller I used.

Carl-

Did you "accept [a] substitute" non-Duratex roller?

I'll be using the "accept no substitute" roller supplied with the official Duratex Trial Kit. I'll experiment and report back.

Thanks to you and Scrappydue for leading me to Duratex.

Eventually, I'll be building a tapped horn sub, and the one you built Carl looks promising. I'll be watching to see if kits become available again.

I should have the kits by Tuesday evening. Depending on how much I'll be working at the new job hope to have them put together by the weekend. But who knows. I'm sure they won't be even close to as easy as my other sub builds

You'll be pleasantly surprised.