G-17 Firmware Update

noto

Hello. I have the Klipsch Gallery G-17 Air, AirPlay® Speakers. I downloaded the G-17 Firmware file and the Update Instructions (G17apple_macprocedure_635098280657660000.pdf). I am able to successfully connect to the G-17 using Bonjour in the web browser. I click on the "Firmware Update" within the sidebar, and the correct page appears. It shows that the Current Firmware Date is: 2011-10-30 and the Current Firmware Version is: 3.8.93.3700

Below the phrase "Firmware Update" is an [OK] button and the instructions are to click that button so the G-17 can prepare for the update. As soon as I click the [OK] button, the G-17 Wireless button turns 'Red' and the Bonjour connection to the G-17 is lost. I've power-cycled the G-17 a few times with the same results. I even turned off all my wireless devices, plugged the laptop into Ethernet, so the only wireless device was the G-17, and still the 'Red' Wireless button.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can successfully update the Firmware, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...