HELP!!!

Sinpoet

I just got my new 4.1's in today and I think the sub woofer is bad but I am unsure. I dont get any sound out of the two speakers built in along side of the subs my question is Should I be getting sound there if so how much cause to me the sub seems very very weak from all that I have read about it. I have a Sound Blaster Live Xgamer Card and I think everything is wired up correctly. SO I am asking you folks whats yours sound like before I have to send this back and deal with that stuff :-(

sincerely

Mr Disappointed

Gerry~

Do you feel air movement of the port? If ya do.. the sub is working. It is not made to be boomy and it helps to put it under a desk or in a corner It really depends on the song you are trying to play. I had to go to my Ultimate Dance Party 1997 CD thru my stereo in ordre to get decent sound at first. Placement also does a lot.. at home, my desk was made of thicker wood but here my desk is thinner so it resonates better but I am going to be putting it in a corner over teh weekend to compare

The bass I have when setting my sub in the middle of my room is not really thumpy. I'll need a bigger driver for that <10-12" downfiring> but Im not worried about that since it sounds fine when I'm at my computer with sub under desk.

Also.. remember this is only 6" drivers that you are playing with.. they move only a certain amount of air and will do only so much.

------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

-------------------------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

FOP38 & CuShim

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GTS

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 & Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A Sony 12X DVD