I'm sort or new

singlemania45

I say sort of new because I originally joined in 2006 as Singlemania and was last active in 2007. For some inexplicable reason I haven't been able to retrieve any password info so I have re-joined. This still site remains a remarkable source of information and one of the friendliest on-line communities on the web.

Living in the UK I'm probably in a minority here. My KM6's are still going strong but need some recent fettling. I fitted the Bob Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms and modified the bracing and internal damping. Now they are a lot sweeter and the bass is even more extended and upper bass tighter. They sound awesome driven by either my Quad IIs or Sugden A51.

post-57718-0-46860000-1387154566_thumb.j

Welcome back! Quad IIs... wish I had a pair of those to try out. Bob's a great guy to work with, and it sounds like you've gotten a lot done to the speakers.

My system has been disconnected since the end of Nov., due to a move. Mow I'm lots closer to work and most of the boxes are unpacked, so I should have things hooked back up soon.

Bruce

Thank you guys for the responses. Its quite an exciting time at the moment for me as I have decided to turn one of the larger bedrooms into a dedicated listening room. Not ideal from the point of view that the floor is not solid but I will now have the space to set up 3 sets of speakers and have all my amps connected up. When I get it all arranged I'll post a few pics. I don't listen at high volume and I hope to have the racks well isolated so I shouldn't be plagued with feedback through the turntables.

• 2 weeks later...