Mt Rushmore Pictures

Rivernuggets

A late congratulations to you and your wife, Flason! Wonderful scenery for a wedding.

First motorcycle trip with my Dad and brother was to Mt Rushmore, Black Hills, and Devil's Tower in '97. It was a great time!

Thanks so much for the congrats. We loved it up there. Beautiful scenery, super friendly people. But Rushmore was worth the whole trip and those pics really brought me back there. We are going back in 2015 for the Sturgis 75th anniversary and it is one of our stops along with Custer State Park, Devils Tower, Needles HiWay, and the Badlands.

Oh yeah, Needles Hwy! Cool, martian-like stretch of scenery. We stayed at Custer State Park on the '97 cycle trip. I remember a small ~2 mile driving loop where we saw bison, some of them a little too close for me when on a motorcycle. Those dudes are huge. The ranger at Custer advised us to be 'at the ready' in case of a bison charging one of our bikes. I guess a cycles size and rumble could instill a fight response. Glad to say that never happened!

Oh yeah, Needles Hwy! Cool, martian-like stretch of scenery. We stayed at Custer State Park on the '97 cycle trip. I remember a small ~2 mile driving loop where we saw bison, some of them a little too close for me when on a motorcycle. Those dudes are huge. The ranger at Custer advised us to be 'at the ready' in case of a bison charging one of our bikes. I guess a cycles size and rumble could instill a fight response. Glad to say that never happened!

That's the truth. The Bison are an arms reach away. I was suprised at how many bikers got off their bikes and walked close to them to take a picture. I guess if they're not bright enough to figure out the zoom lens on the camera????? But what a nice ride. I had a Street Glide at the time, much to my wife's dismay. Have an Ultra Classic now so the wife will be much happier on the next trip there.