ForceField subs?

sully141

Goldenear makes some very nice sounding speaker. I am like the other guys, you can do better for less. The Forcefield sub is just a passive radiator style sub so nothing really special about being called forefield. Are there size restrictions? Can you get two subs? How large your room is should determine how much sub you need or you will not be happy down the road.

Edited by derrickdj1

• I'm just looking at buying one in the 600 range and maybe a second one down the road. Room size is unkown but someday maybe in a basement. I've been talking to scrappy and he is helping me out. With tax money coming back i'm looking forward to getting something soon.

I posted the forcefield subs because they were different, I really wasn't looking at those the number don't add up for that price, to good to be true..

Funny, they claim 12 Hz for the 46 lbs ForceField 5, and then link to a review where the measurements say:

The ForceField 5’s close-miked response, normalized to the level at 80 Hz, indicates that the lower –3-dB point is at 24 Hz and the –6-dB point is at 21 Hz.

When you look at the graph, you see a bump around 60 Hz and the 25-40 Hz response is a plateau 5 dB below that peak. They must disregard the 60 Hz bump to read 21 Hz at -6 dB. In any case, it's already 10 dB down at 20 Hz so forget about 12 Hz.

• I'm just looking at buying one in the 600 range and maybe a second one down the road. Room size is unkown but someday maybe in a basement. I've been talking to scrappy and he is helping me out. With tax money coming back i'm looking forward to getting something soon.

I posted the forcefield subs because they were different, I really wasn't looking at those the number don't add up for that price, to good to be true..

600 range..Outlaw is very good in that range, I got one and then a month later got another , I got the plus