Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Your getting waaay ahead of yerself Amy, there is probably more snow storms to come before the cherry blossom blooms... ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Consider yourself lucky Amy--this winter has been pretty brutal for us in southern california too. One day i forgot my sunglasses and the drive home was so treacherous--and don't even ask me about the new coat i bought--that i can't wear yet. oh crap, i just made a post about clothes…see, this weather has everyone messed up.

Steve

• Like 1

Your getting waaay ahead of yerself Amy, there is probably more snow storms to come before the cherry blossom blooms... ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I heard the Farmers' Almanac Long Range Weather Forecast is calling for another FOUR FEET! :lol:

• Moderators

My gosh, that looks COOOOLD!

That's the first thing I thought when I seen it, love the Red front. Nice picture, if you were to fall in that stream it would be over in about 3 min.

So many times you see a scene, and you think "wow" I gotta get a photo of that, when you get home and review your pics, 99% of the time they just don't live up to what you saw. That scene literally stopped me in my tracks when I saw it, and the photo is a perfect representation of what I saw. I was the first person in two days to drive across that bridge according to the lack of tire tracks in the snow, the color of the building could not have been better. By the way the stream is actually the "Coquihalla River" just before it meets the "Fraser River" here in Hope.

• Moderators
Just learned that each of us are only allowed 100MB of photos (total) in all of our posts.

Wow, I would have been over that limit 9,000 posts ago. I just looked and I have almost 900 photos in the forums. Glad I host them on my own server.

I'll have to dig through my pics and post one of my favorites.

• Moderators
From what I found your right, now I try to keep the iso as low as possible and just use longer shutter speeds where possible and set the timer so your not touching the camera to take the pic, depending on the camera there are other ways to do that also.

That's exactly what I do when I photograph audio gear that I share on the forums. Doesn't work as well with human subjects cause they don't remain still. :lol: