Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

It's baseball season. I'm the big guy with the big grin. My son is center of the picture with 1/2 his face covered. This was at a preseason tournament last weekend where we came in second.

Looks like a great group... I served my time doing this very same thing and it was well worth it. But, oh wow, the travel and expense....

The picture of the ice fishing scene is from the Hebron end of Newfound Lake, NH. I live 4 miles north from there. For your interest this a Google Earth shot taken of that cabin on Loon Island, 9/19/2013

SummerScene_zps0a232497.jpg

The cabin is available as a vacation rental.

MVC-014S3_zpsba72fcd9.jpg

Mach1, I looked at some of your other work on-line, very nice. The "Ice Fishing" photo is superb.

• Moderators

if I see another gaddamn HDR photo in my life it will be to soon.

From what I read it's a little closer to what your eyes see as far as dynamic range but still not there, never tried HDR myself.

• Moderators

That is one darn fine cell phone camera Schu...Very nice.

That's the first thing I thought, and plenty of DOF for a phone. I was just reading yesterday that phone cameras are killing off the point and shoot camera sales. I can see why.

Nice pictures

you know... the phone seems to capture plenty of saturation and accurate color, but it lacks real crisp clarity beyond mere resolution.

the phone, LG Optimus G, is capable of 13mp, but I just checked and those pictures above were mistakenly shot at a 5mp setting.