Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

Mach-1, your brave, nothing wrong with the pic but when you blow it up that size it gets a little rough.

If we kiss up can we get + points to counteract the warning points ? Kind of like screw up insurance.

• Like 1

Happy Friday. Watch your toes this weekend!

OK, maybe my sawed up Toe isn't getting embraced (with good reason) by the crowd, even though I think its some of my best work :D

Heres a shot I got with a 4" Meade Telescope. A non full moon really shows its landscape

lightroom1.jpg

Edited by Max2
  • Like 2

• Moderators
I need a camera with a faster auto focus. I seem to get an out of focus fuzzy edges on my bee shots, or does someone know of something else that solves this issue

I don't think it looks bad, not perfect but not bad. I get the same thing, I think sometimes the auto focus can get a reading from a slightly different spot and take some of the focus from where you wanted it to be. Especially with really small f stops, the area in focus can be really small.

Others may have better ideas. You could use a higher f stop and focus on a flower right in front of the bee. Maby a higher shutter speed ? JUST guesses since I don't know what the camera was set to.

Take a pic of something with a lot of texture and kind of long, pick a spot you can remember and focus on that, use a low f stop to really narrow down the focus area, then check the pic ,if that spot is clear or is it clear before it or after it. The camera auto focus could be off a little, also try the same thing and turn off auto and focus yourself see it there is a difference. can't hurt to try

I need a camera with a faster auto focus. I seem to get an out of focus fuzzy edges on my bee shots, or does someone know of something else that solves this issue

I don't think it looks bad, not perfect but not bad. I get the same thing, I think sometimes the auto focus can get a reading from a slightly different spot and take some of the focus from where you wanted it to be. Especially with really small f stops, the area in focus can be really small.

Others may have better ideas. You could use a higher f stop and focus on a flower right in front of the bee. Maby a higher shutter speed ? JUST guesses since I don't know what the camera was set to.

Take a pic of something with a lot of texture and kind of long, pick a spot you can remember and focus on that, use a low f stop to really narrow down the focus area, then check the pic ,if that spot is clear or is it clear before it or after it. The camera auto focus could be off a little, also try the same thing and turn off auto and focus yourself see it there is a difference. can't hurt to try

I will try this, I was wandering if faster shutter or lower / higher f would affect the outcome, trouble is my lens is standard kit type and f is not very good lowest is 5.4 I believe