Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
I am no spring chicken any more, I have him and his 7 year old brother to keep up with I will be 60 when the oldest graduates high school

Well if there happy what more could you ask for in the long run, happiness is as important as anything.

I am no spring chicken any more, I have him and his 7 year old brother to keep up with I will be 60 when the oldest graduates high school

Well if there happy what more could you ask for in the long run, happiness is as important as anything.

Happiness in the short run … but then i expect a lot.

• Moderators
Thanks, I just put the new wheels & Michelin tires on it a month ago. The back one matches the front, here are a couple better photos of the rear wheel:

Good looking bike, I know nothing about them, last bike I had was over 40 years ago and it was dirt bike when I was a kid.

Our daughter and her husband ride, I have her bike but have no idea what it is, she always wants me to take it for a ride. She wants to get me one so we can ride with them, I told her I have to many projects to do first. My wife said she would ride on the back if I did, she is nuts, and apparently has more faith in my ability than I do. :o

If your happy you got all that's important. Money don't buy happiness. It can help to achieve, but is not as important in the over scheme of things.

• Moderators

Yes you always expect a lot but overall happiness counts for a lot. Success, money and all the toys do little if your miserable.

I don't have the first two on that list for sure and many would consider those most important, but I have good kids and grandkids and have been married since 1978 (dam that's along time) and were very happy. I'm good with that, good thing it's a little late now if I weren't.

• Moderators
Money don't buy happiness.

No; but, it buys the stuff that makes me happy. Just joking…i agree with you completely. Its nice to have; but, it's not the most important thing in the world by far.

Reminds me of a saying, this probably is wrong but........Money can't buy you happiness but it can sure make you be miserable in style.

• Like 1

Yes you always expect a lot but overall happiness counts for a lot. Success, money and all the toys do little if your miserable.

I don't have the first two on that list for sure and many would consider those most important, but I have good kids and grandkids and have been married since 1978 (dam that's along time) and were very happy. I'm good with that, good thing it's a little late now if I weren't.

well, as usual, i was joking when i said i expect a lot … i really don't. I hope to be married again someday, and i'd love to spend the rest of my life making her happy--that would bring me happiness. Right now, i'm not miserable; but, not happy. Four kids, seven grandkids … the kids are grown ups now. They've all moved out … including the wife. I'm just looking back at my life and regretting taking the safe route. Believe it or not, i did the responsible things and had a steady job and had insurance and the family was well fed and clothed. I made that choice so technically i did what i wanted to do; but, there is so much that i didn't do. That's why now that i'm single again, i really want to pursue those things that i want to do. My goal…and all your hopes … are that someday i'll be too busy exploring the world to make sarcastic comments on the forum. I applaud you on your marriage … mine lasted 26 years.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators
My goal…and all your hopes … are that someday i'll be too busy exploring the world to make sarcastic comments on the forum. I applaud you on your marriage … mine lasted 26 years.

Had no idea about the kids and grandkids, 26 years is more than most people make it. I agree about traveling, it's one of the things I would love to do also.

Really I am shocked to be married this long, never expected it, it just happened and I know I am lucky. Really lucky, if I wouldn't have gotten married I probably would not have lasted this long at the rate I was going ?

Money don't buy happiness.

No; but, it buys the stuff that makes me happy. Just joking…i agree with you completely. Its nice to have; but, it's not the most important thing in the world by far.

Reminds me of a saying, this probably is wrong but........Money can't buy you happiness but it can sure make you be miserable in style.

My sister called me one time and asked. I know you have been through some depression, how did you get out of it.

I told her that she had a poster in her room that said it all

​Happiness is like a Butterfly.

The more you chase it the more it flutters away, just out of reach.

Quit chasing it and maybe it will lite on your shoulder

or something very similar. I think it's time for me to work on this also.

John.