Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

For my parents 50th wedding anniversary we cooked a whole hog overnight. I had a separate fire going of green hickory wood and would transfer those coals over to this pit as needed to get the hog done. We used a large piece of cardboard to cover the hog when not feeding coals. There is chicken wire covering the hog to keep it all together while we turned it (once an hour)

post-32707-0-42620000-1403204281_thumb.j

Edited by JL Sargent

• Moderators

Looks good, how was it ?

Did one about half that size about 20 years ago, almost just like you did, it was for a party we had. Busy with everything else at the party I didn't even taste it and it disappeared, should have got a bigger hog.

It was some of the best I've ever cooked. Was about 130 lbs to start. We mixed everything into pulled pork meat except the skin. IIRC that's about 30 different cuts of meat. Everybody raved over how good it was. We did it up right at the party too with live music and about 100 guests.

• Like 1

It was some of the best I've ever cooked. Was about 130 lbs to start. We mixed everything into pulled pork meat except the skin. IIRC that's about 30 different cuts of meat. Everybody raved over how good it was. We did it up right at the party too with live music and about 100 guests.

Sounds like a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Boxx: "I hope that Amy will join in on occasion and post some of her photo's...."

I sure hope so also Boxx, strange in the past I was sometimes worried when I would say some things that I shouldn't, and was wondering if I would hear from her, now I look forward to hearing from her.

I already miss her....

ou wouldn't have a problem giving it up if it wasn't potty trained and barked at everything.
sounds like a few forum members that i know.

Hey just because I go in the yard sometimes doesn't mean I'm not trained.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I hope that Amy will join in on occasion and post some of her photo's....

I already miss her....

Wow Amy you are fun.... It's sad that all of our computer relationships are just that.....

• Moderators

Don't know how I did that?

Some us have met in person, hope to meet you one day also Boxx, you never know .

Got to meet Amy once,(the old Amy) quickly, she was waiting for us at Klipsch, we were lost and late for the Pilgrimage in Indy, I think it was altitude sickness from us being so far North, felt like we drove to Canada. :lol:

Edited by dtel

Hey just because I go in the yard sometimes doesn't mean I'm not trained.

Sometime it's too much trouble to go into the house. Neighbors would have to have good eyesight and binoculars to see anything anyhow.

• Like 1