Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

That's true, anyway I doubt the closest neighbor would care, she cuts her grass and tans with about a handkerchief amount of cloths on at the most. She looks amazing.....................................................from 100 yards.

To get back on track here is a picture of Howard, this is or last donation to the food chain for now.

Granddaughter got a couple of baby ducks raised them in a cage until they got big enough to let loose, one disappeared in one day, a couple weeks later this one disappeared , she called it Howard ? We got her 4 new ducks when the first one disappeared because she was so upset, now all that's left is the 4 new ducks.

The late Howard

post-9700-0-93900000-1404400705_thumb.jp

• Like 1

That's true, anyway I doubt the closest neighbor would care, she cuts her grass and tans with about a handkerchief amount of cloths on at the most. She looks amazing.....................................................from 100 yards.
How about a pic of her instead of the duck?

• Moderators

That's funny Mr Larry, we get along fine and she's apparently not shy but posting her pic or just taking it might change that, unless there into that kind of thing ?

• 2 weeks later...
North shore of St. John.
St John where?

An easier way to get down there is to figure its only 2 hours and 45 minutes south of Atlanta :)

The water is damn clean too. Just stand in the boat and se the bottom at 15-20 feet. Each trip down there adds a year to your existence!

-2859.jpg

-2269.jpg

U.S. Virgin Islands...........where I want to be right now.

thanks dtel. Me too! November is the perfect time of the year to go

• Like 1

Great shot! Long shutter?

No... it was 1/500th @ f4.0 ISO 400. I needed a reasonably fast shutter as I was hand holding a big tele lens.

I'm gonna give that a try myself. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome JL, I don't know what camera you are using, but if you can turn on "spot metering", and shoot in "manual" only get a reading of the moon itself, even then you will still probably find that still will blow out all the detail in the shot but it will give you a starting point. It's a whole lot brighter than you might think, pretty similar to taking a photo down here in daylight. Don't forget the tripod...that's your guarantee of a sharp shot....;)

• Moderators

Local fire departments annual July 4 th fireworks show, it's just a big field you park wherever you want. :o They have fundraisers during the year and on the way out have fireman on all the roads collecting donations for next years show.

They put on about a 30-45 minute show, music playing and the usual junk food vendors off to the side, it's like a big party which starts during the day, we go about an hour before dark.

18mm, 10 sec, f 6.3 iso100

post-9700-0-89440000-1405617570_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3