Good looking pic everyone.   :emotion-21:

It's a TransFi Terminator 3 from England

Tangential tracking that floats on air

That is a 401 on roids!

Gave this 401 the full treatment and fitted it with the amo to get the job done

Thank you both for the comments

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Thank you!  The new camera is awesome.  That was taken in 5 frames (this camera will do up to 7, each with a different exposure value).  I handheld that series as a tripod was not allowed there (considered too professional...haha).  Hence, that is why the green tree on the right is blurred.  

I recommend a program called Photomatix for HDR.  It's not free but if you love photography it makes a great addition to the tool set.

I just ordered that software. Got to give this a try.

I've now watched a Youtube video on how to do this technique with my 7D camera and the Photomatix software. Tell me I'm not getting prepared!

Any settings or tips you can share?

Edited by JL Sargent

Guest Steven1963

Just got back from Cancun, Mexico

Cool picture, been thinking about trying a HDR pic, one day.

Nice weather down there this time of the year, hope you had a good time.

Thanks. It was the best vacation yet. I rarely consider visiting the same place twice because I like to see and try new experiences when traveling, but I'd go back there again. HDR photos are a lot of fun and really allow a creative element into the photo.  You can push them very far and make them look more like paintings than photos if that is your thing.  Or you can make simple adjustments without ruining the original intent of the photo.  At the very least you can visit the website and look at what is possible:

http://www.hdrsoft.com/gallery/index.php

• Moderators

I need to try HDR, sounds like it would be fun and could be used to help even with some normal pics. Cameras can only catch a small part of the range of what your eyes can see and this could help pics look closer to what you really see. The full blown HDR pic's are also nice for something different looking also. I need try it. Thanks 

So I've been working on a light post project for the last couple of weeks. You see I went to the flea market and bought some old street lights for cheap. Finally I have power to them and took this photo using Stevens HDR technique.

post-32707-0-15140000-1415229048_thumb.j

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 2

Thanks! Yes, they are very warm. I installed LED "corn" bulbs in them. The have 165 LEDS per bulb and use 30w of power each. Seems to light up the front of the house and surrounding area just enough to see everything, but not enough for sports like throwing the football.

LX0889X-3.jpg

• Like 1