Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
Visited the old Stutz factory in Indianapolis last month, finally with my camera.

I liked the picture when I first seen it but every time I look at this page I just stop and stare at that picture, the more I see it the more I like it. Very nice 

• Like 1

Jim, I bet those three are always into something.

Dtel, the camera can take several frames so quick you can hand hold for these type shots. In post processing the software aligns for any deviation. I used 3 raw images for my photo but I think Steven used 5 frames in his.

Guest Steven1963

Dtel, the camera can take several frames so quick you can hand hold for these type shots. In post processing the software aligns for any deviation. I used 3 raw images for my photo but I think Steven used 5 frames in his.

Exactly.  I set the camera for high speed continuous shooting and assume a comfortable position that I won't move 'too much' in.  The camera takes those 5 frames in less than half a second.  The software does the rest.

Just got back from Cancun, Mexico.  Went to the Mayan ruins of Chechin Itza.  Here's an HDR of one of the pyramids.

We've been there as well.  I seem to remember a chain running up the steps so you had something to steady yourself with as there's no railing.  The steps were incredibly shallow and steep.  91 per side.  You had quite the view of the jungle once you reached the top.

Guest Steven1963

Just got back from Cancun, Mexico.  Went to the Mayan ruins of Chechin Itza.  Here's an HDR of one of the pyramids.

We've been there as well.  I seem to remember a chain running up the steps so you had something to steady yourself with as there's no railing.  The steps were incredibly shallow and steep.  91 per side.  You had quite the view of the jungle once you reached the top.

They don't allow you to climb the pyramids anymore :( .  Our guide said they were having too many self-sacrifices :huh: .  So they had to stop it. 

• Moderators
Steven1963, on 06 Nov 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

JL Sargent, on 06 Nov 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Exactly.  I set the camera for high speed continuous shooting and assume a comfortable position that I won't move 'too much' in.  The camera takes those 5 frames in less than half a second.  The software does the rest.

OK never thought of that, it seems to work fine.

They don't allow you to climb the pyramids anymore . Our guide said they were having too many self-sacrifices . So they had to stop it.

That's a shame.  The view was awesome.  You could see smaller pyramids in the distance sticking out of the jungle.  There was also a small room at the top you could walk through.

Guest Steven1963

Another HDR of the Mayan ruins

Did you see the ball court and hall of 1000 columns?

Yes, I took photos of each and I think the hall of 1000 columns might make an interesting photo.  Unfortunately because it was a guided tour we didn't feel like we had adequate time to fully enjoy the ruins and so my photos aren't what I was hoping for.  I would have liked to of had another 1/2 hour or 45 minutes.

Yes, I took photos of each and I think the hall of 1000 columns might make an interesting photo. Unfortunately because it was a guided tour we didn't feel like we had adequate time to fully enjoy the ruins and so my photos aren't what I was hoping for. I would have liked to of had another 1/2 hour or 45 minutes.

We rented a Jeep as we didn't want to be confined by the tour bus time frame.  It was quite the ride.  We got to do everything at our leisure and spent as much or as little time where ever we were.  The hotel we stayed at had box lunches for sale that we took with us as we didn't know whether we'd find food along the way.  The one my wife had made her violently ill later on that day.  The rest of the trip was awesome however.

Thanks for posting the HDR photos

My Canon DSLR camera has the HDR feature but never used it

Youre post may have given me a prod and a poke to give it a try

Just wondering if it works as well on closeup near macro shots

Watch this space as I give it a go

Edited by Full Range

Thanks for posting the HDR photos

My Canon DSLR camera has the HDR feature but never used it

Youre post may have given me a prod and a poke to give it a try

Just wondering if it works as well on closeup near macro shots

Watch this space as I give it a go

It will work, but probably not the best application for it, now if it could do automatic "focus stacking" as easily as it does HDR then us macro-photographers would really have a fun tool in our hands.

Edited by oldenough

• 2 weeks later...