Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

I do not want to hipe this thread with old cameras, after all this is about photos and not about equpiment these photos were made with.

But for my photography backgorund sake, I want to mantion some of the old junk I own. I am mostly a Nikon guy probably just for one reason - intechangability of lenses. At first I could not afford new digital stuff that would satisfy my needs, so I purchased old Nikon FG (I own 2 of them now :) ), than F90s and F80 (needed autofocus for hunting pets and things that move fast), and finally FE body to be able to use non-AI lenses. And for medium format I have Yashica Mat. Also looking for a good deal on Hasselblad 500 series, and that will probably end my hunger for film bodies, asside of large format photography which pulls for expensive development facilities and so on...

I just love tha feeling of precise mechanics on these old manual focus lenses, and the weight of the heavy metal telephoto. It just ballanses wonderfuly in hands.

Nikkor-H_lens_300mm_f45_small_zpsa15ac95

There is nothing like a soft feeleing of focusing the internally focused Nikkor:

Nikkor_micro200mmF4_zpsae501ed4.jpg

Edited by parlophone1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steven1963

You guys are killing me!  I can't do any photography right now and seeing all this great gear and photos is like showing heroin to a junkie. :blink:  :D

• Like 1

Balloons are hard to resist.

attachicon.gifDFmzAcr.jpg

you've stolen my idea for a Coffee table book.

I wanted to do a large format photo book on "Road Kill" using a large format 8x10+ view camera.

you can call me the ansel adams of the highways

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1