Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

I want to take more pictures in general but I find that the camera can be a real pain at times. When we go to a party for instance, I don't want me or the camera to be the center of attention. Also, a good digital SLR with nice glass is kinda big and heavy. It can be a real pain to carry around all day. I find myself being real selective about when I bring my camera along. This way of thinking works against taking pictures of course. I'm trapped. 

I know exactly how you feel.

Maby try to find a good camera that would fit in your pocket for times when a picture comes up you would like to have.

At a party if it's the right setting and in time when everyone loosens up a little and having a good time you could pass the camera around and let people just take whatever they want, probably end up with some good pics ?

I love to take pic's, but I have to feel like it to enjoy it. Many times on vacation or just get-togethers I have the camera in the car or our room and just use it when it's comfortable and I feel like it. Unless were somewhere where I really want some pics.

A couple of years ago we got a little pocket size Olympus waterproof camera for snorkeling, it's Ok so I bring it where I don't or can't bring the other camera. I feel like I am missing out but appreciate the convenience of not carrying the other camera especially if I may get wet or it may not be safe.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Camera phones can't do that LOL! :D

Exactly, very good pic's, it's times like that you want the better camera, you can not get that kind of quality with less. It just does not happen.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Dtel. I've been printing some of the better ones.

Good idea, it's something I rarely do.

So that's the lady who put's up with your :pwk_bs:  :o  :D Just kidding, very nice picture, it's not often when someone will just relax and let you get a picture. It's rare, most of the time I just like to sit off to the side and try to catch them when they least expect it, I always seem to like them the best, not posed, it's why I like your picture, you can see she trust you and is not trying to look a certain way like most people would do . :emotion-21:

Phone in my camera... Lumia 920, glass lens with manual settings. Construction on the main building on our campus.I would love to carry around a DSLR or even a good pocket camera, but this works really well and I can actually adjust things.

Pic of my wife with a Canon Powershot pocket camera.

Bruce

post-5045-0-21600000-1435768452_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-41480000-1435769449_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I know how you feel, but that's a good thing, nothing wrong with getting older, it is sure better than the alternative. 

Part of the reason I don't look in the mirror, there's an old guy in there.

Hope you two are happy. :emotion-19:

• Like 1