Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Wish I had this skill level.

Cadillac-Ciel-3.jpg

Easy-shmeezee. Roller shots are done with an IS lens. Gear makes all the difference. And FWIW, humbly, the shooter has some sundogs and abberations in the shot. 

If this car had an "O" at the end it would be heaven ;)

• Like 1

Guest srobak

Well that explains it, I thought you were in the plane, I was going to be hating you. :P

it would be awesome to fly in one of those.

Oh yeah.... and it is on the bucket list.  Cost is about $5k for an hour which mimics a lot of maneuvers in air shows.  It's about as close as I'm going to get.  There are supersonic options in Europe and Russia on a Mig29 for about 15k.... but that's more than I want to spend. The 39 will do just fine. 

l39ride.jpg

• Like 2

Guest srobak

Yep.  There are a few around the country, too.  One in vegas, a couple in california, one in texas and at least 1 or 2 in florida.  We used to have one here in illinois - but it went away :(

They all cost right around 5 grand.  More than worth it for the experience, I think.

Edited by srobak
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Good lightning shots are hard to come by for me. I have tried a couple of times only to get it all together after the lightning has passed.

That's true, I have a bunch but none are really good. It either is raining already or I am just to late. 2 in Panama city beach and one in the yard which is a little better.

post-9700-0-32020000-1438806546_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-64940000-1438806584_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-89820000-1438806604_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

• Moderators

It is strange looking, I wouldn't want to be in a boat.

Out of all the pic's from that balcony only two had lightning bolts that were thick like that, the rest were normal looking ? 

post-9700-0-56940000-1438880227_thumb.jp

• Like 3

• Moderators

Now that's a cool picture, great waterspout, palm tree and the sun setting.

Proof that being in the right place at the right time is a big part of great pics, also dumb luck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So here is one I took recently at the air show.  Damn if I know how they didn't crash into each other.  Take a really close look if you can blow the photo up and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah there have been a few times watching the Blue Angels where it looks like they should have crashed, but they have pin point precision in the accuracy department.

Edited by Klipschsonian

I used to go there a lot as a kid when we lived in Mineral Wells.  That pic is surreal!

The wife and I decided to get away for the weekend a couple of weeks ago.  I had not been to PK for nearly 20 years, and it is unreal how much development has occurred on the lake.  

That photo was shot from the balcony of our room at The Cliffs resort.  It was my first attempt at creating a high dynamic range photo (from four exposures).  I purposely over-saturated the colors for that surreal look.

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 2