Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Not exactly "great photography" since it was my phone, but here's a couple of snaps from the Nick Colionne performance tonight. That guy is quite the talent, and quite the character too!

post-58712-0-63100000-1445659917_thumb.jpost-58712-0-32900000-1445659901_thumb.jpost-58712-0-28020000-1445659873_thumb.j

And I had a panic attack when I saw someone messed up on a whiteboard outside of the room, so I had to quickly fix it:

post-58712-0-41220000-1445659927_thumb.j

• Like 4

Yep,visiting family and doig tourit things with with wife's kids (who, like my ow, are absolutely great, btw).

Spent about e hours at hospital... Montezuma lives! We both picked up an amoebe of some kind. We're both ok, got some meds to take. Here's a couple more pics, i hope. Doing this all from my phone is a bit tedious.

• Like 1

Don,

Where was the center pic taken? I like it, although grand kids are also nice.

Bruce

Hi and thanks, Bruce.  Center pic is from historic Nanxun Town in (I think) Zhejiang Province.  It is between Huzhou and Shanghai, just a bit south of Lake Taihu.  We arrived there late in the (December) afternoon and the low sun was filtering through the broken overcast and warming everything up nicely... great shooting conditions!  There are many touristy old water villages in the vicinity of Lake Taihu... I've been to three of them and I found Nanxun the most photogenic.  Cheers!  -Don

• Like 2

Very nice ! My wife taught in Nanchang for eight years, and I love the older aisian archtecture. Currenty vacioning at here home in the Philippines. If you don't need any blue sky, being overcast provides great lighting.

Bruce

• Like 1

Don,

Bruce

Hi and thanks, Bruce. Center pic is from historic Nanxun Town in (I think) Zhejiang Province. It is between Huzhou and Shanghai, just a bit south of Lake Taihu. We arrived there late in the (December) afternoon and the low sun was filtering through the broken overcast and warming everything up nicely... great shooting conditions! There are many touristy old water villages in the vicinity of Lake Taihu... I've been to three of them and I found Nanxun the most photogenic. Cheers! -Don
I love the west! Feel free tho post more of those! Nice work!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Don,

Bruce

Hi and thanks, Bruce. Center pic is from historic Nanxun Town in (I think) Zhejiang Province. It is between Huzhou and Shanghai, just a bit south of Lake Taihu. We arrived there late in the (December) afternoon and the low sun was filtering through the broken overcast and warming everything up nicely... great shooting conditions! There are many touristy old water villages in the vicinity of Lake Taihu... I've been to three of them and I found Nanxun the most photogenic. Cheers! -Don
I love the west! Feel free tho post more of those! Nice work!

Hey, thanks jo56steph74.  Not sure I want to or ought to turn this into a photo sharing site or hijack the thread (or give Audiovox rights to my photos).  What I really ought to do is set up an online gallery to share my "body of work".  I'll be sure to send you a link when that happens and then you can peruse at length.  BTW I also enjoy your "word pictures" of the West.  California Coast is indeed a national treasure.  Sadly I have no pix from my HWY1 trip several years ago as my camera bag with all my exposed film was stolen from my car at Santa Cruz.  Happily the camera and my best lens were not in the bag!  Cheers!  -Don

We got a roast pig for a big family party. I've got a video of the prep, but that might gross some folks out, lol

The pig is making my mouth water!  We have butchered locally raised lambs in my neighbor's dining room so the prep photos would be no problem for me.  We are due for another butchering session really soon, but will avoid doing it on Halloween night as the trick-or-treaters might take it wrong.  :ohmy:   Your photos are boosting my desire to visit the Phillipines and Malay Archipelago, a long standing fascination.  Cheers!    -Don