Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

or give Audiovox rights to my photos

Come on now. I'd be really surprised to learn that Audiovox wants the rights to anybody's photos around here. :huh:

Thanks for the reply, JL.  Yep, I agree that it's a long shot that they would want to do anything beyond hosting them in the forum.  But the Terms of Service do award them unlimited usage rights to our posted content "in connection with the Service" which some web services (like Facebook if I mistake not) have interpreted to allow its use for e.g. promotional purposes, so I like to be cautious.

From the TOS:

All Content you submit becomes the property of Klipsch Group, Inc.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's not hard to recognize someone's style of photo's, composition, subject, and exposure, a dead giveaway sometimes.  :emotion-55:

No matter what Klipsch would want to do with the pic's there online elsewhere after you post them, I have ran across my own pic's while searching subjects not on this forum.

Edited by dtel

No matter what Klipsch would want to do with the pic's there online elsewhere after you post them, I have ran across my own pic's while searching subjects not on this forum.

Yep, the only foolproof ways to protect them from unauthorized use are to not post them, or to restrict viewing privileges to trustworthy people only.

or give Audiovox rights to my photos

Come on now. I'd be really surprised to learn that Audiovox wants the rights to anybody's photos around here. :huh:

Thanks for the reply, JL.  Yep, I agree that it's a long shot that they would want to do anything beyond hosting them in the forum.  But the Terms of Service do award them unlimited usage rights to our posted content "in connection with the Service" which some web services (like Facebook if I mistake not) have interpreted to allow its use for e.g. promotional purposes, so I like to be cautious.

From the TOS:

All Content you submit becomes the property of Klipsch Group, Inc.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

You're a pro and you certainly do have to protect yourself even from unlikely exposure. I guess it's good you read the TOS carefully! Good on you. It would be a million to 1 that audiovox would use your stuff, but then again that Big Balloon did break loose on a million to one shot in Pennsylvania!

• Like 1

When I drive through various towns, I'm somewhat amazed at the "creativity" that goes into erecting the water towers.  Here is one taken with a cheap auto focus camera from an open car window as we drove by.  I suppose that any watermarks on this picture would be from leaks in the tower. :emotion-14: _ rolllaugh_.gif

_ peach water tower.jpg

post-36163-0-42360000-1446419986_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 3