Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
Not mine, but I thought this was a great shot of man-made fireworks and nature's fireworks going off at the same time.

Great vantage point, nothing like being at the right place at the right time.

• Moderators

Now that's a fast lens.

1:2.8 which is pretty fast for a 200mm.

They make em faster but cost/speed ration gets kinda crazy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-200mm-f-2-L-IS-USM-Lens-Cat-2297B002-USA-Warranty-/151412277481?hash=item2340e000e9:g:qDcAAOSw0vBUdfoP

Very true, I got a 50mm 1.8 which acts like a 70mm on my camera, $110 new with warranty, it happens to be Nikon's cheapest lens, the same size in a 1.2 is $500 more. 

• Moderators

Your right,   but the good part is if you just go up a little with the f stop you almost can not be out of focus, I do like mine but wish it was a little more wide angle. A fast lens somewhere around the the 28mm would be handy, but can't complain it works like a 70mm 1.8.

There is such a big difference in price and size and weight with the faster lenses, it can get very expensive really fast. One time I read up on the cameras and lenses used on the sidelines at a NFL game by the average photographer, they can be easily be $30,000 +.