Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Wife ran in the Plano Balloon Fest 1/2 Marathon this morning. No balloons due to the threat of rain (it eventually downpoured and they called the race when she was at mile 12).

Oldest stayed overnight with the grandparents, so it was just me and my youngest - she was less than thrilled to be up at 4:30AM, but eventually lightened up. Then just a quick pre-race panoramic, and an older gentleman with a fancy camera rig hanging around his neck. He walked around with his hands behind his back most of the time and I never saw him take any pictures - don't be that kind of photographer. Keep the camera ready and have your eyes/mind seeking out the shots right in front of you.

DSC_8915-Edit.jpg

DSC_8965-Edit.jpg

DSC_8954-Edit.jpg

DSC_8972-Edit.jpg

DSCF1064-Edit.jpg

DSCF1101-Edit.jpg

DSCF1110-Edit.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 9/17/2016 at 0:46 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

The best photos can be technically atrocious.

Very true, some pictures here you will never forget.

Love the pictures with you and your daughter, that's the reason to have a camera, it's the only way to ever get back to that time, and now you have it forever. 

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Sorry to hear this. sad.

Thanks, dtel. I doubt it gets much easier with experience, but this was my first time walking in to the vet with a dog and walking out with only a leash. Rough day.

Mungkus was my best friend for 14 years. He was horribly and terribly beaten as a pup, but I rescued him at about 6-8 months of age and feel like I was the lucky one...

He weighed over 115 pounds in his heyday, but left this world at only 67.4

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

what breed?

Mutt. The Humane Society guessed Pit, Lab and Sharpei, but they also suggested he would weigh only 65 pounds. He only slowed down after 100 pounds (after I took him off puppy food), so a more recent guess was Pit and Mastiff.

If "Very Good Boy" was a breed, he was purebred...

• Like 3