Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
13 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I thought this one turned out nice. It's my wife's Bunko ground at a friends wedding.

It is very nice, good looking group of ladies. What is a Bunko ?

• Like 1

OK, I know the title of this thread is '...great photography' but I did what I could with what I had.  This is a shot about 30 to 40 miles south of Grangeville, ID on Hwy 95 heading towards Boise.  It's at the beginning of an 8% grade that drops into the valley and along the Salmon river, by Hell's Canyon.  I took it yesterday evening.  It was dusk, hence the lack of detail.  I was standing on a ledge with a pretty considerable drop and took the picture.

It's a panorama shot I took with my phone.  I should have increased the exposure but it is what it is.  If you haven't traveled in the Northwest you should probably plan to.  I'm lucky that with my job that I get to see scenery like this pretty much every week.  Hopefully, you can click on the picture and zoom in a little, it shows the mountains in the back a little better etc. 

IMG_20170502_194353_893.thumb.jpg.02b3aedc10ff3041c67ad3b6af756258.jpg

• Like 5

I used to have one.  If I'm not mistaken, if you stick your finger in one of the 'mouths' it will start to close on you.  Kind of cool.  Definitely a neat plant to have.  Glad they're not human size.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ACV92 said:

I used to have one.  If I'm not mistaken, if you stick your finger in one of the 'mouths' it will start to close on you.  Kind of cool.  Definitely a neat plant to have.  Glad they're not human size.

Just like Little Shop Of Horrors :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I can't remember, do you have to feed them protein, such as flies, etc.?  It's been a long time since I had one.

If they catch there own flies  then you leave them alone Or you can feed them live flies you have caught or I have read somewhere you can feed them Beta or bloodworms fish food

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

If they catch there own flies  then you leave them alone Or you can feed them live flies you have caught or I have read somewhere you can feed them Beta or bloodworms fish food

Nothing cooler than a plant that eats things....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Nothing cooler than a plant that eats things....

The daughter and I just had an inspiration 

Put a banana peel or something like a sugar cube next to the plant 

The flies come and the little fella can have the time of its life trying to catch them as they investigate 

FR

• Like 2

More desert bloom...

this is Henry... one of the last vestiges of some plants I got from my Uncle Henry when he past away a few years ago... he's quite happy in the desert.

he's probably several decades old already.

34446150046_11315cb0bd_k.jpg

34327157062_92ff01abff_k.jpg

Some indoor Bloominess...

34446155686_a98e3a827c_k.jpg

I am trying to grow Plumeria IN THE DESERT... I got a sprout on Monday and a full blown leaf by Saturday.

34446160486_d1e3c79e5f_k.jpg34446166086_2fc12c718b_k.jpg

• Like 5