Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
On 5/5/2017 at 8:17 PM, Full Range said:

My daughter has a Venus Flytrap 

Its cute 

Always wanted one of them and never did get one, the dogs keep me busy enough.  There is a wild plant here that eats bugs, a Pitcher plant, I think they are in many places and are many different colors and shapes. Around here you find them in wet or damp areas. A bug goes in and the top closes.

A rough idea of one type, internet pic.

128588081.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I like those photos.  A Rat motor powered Ford Falcon?  You don't see those every day.  It occurs to me there are MANY MORE Chevy powered Fords than there are Ford powered Chevrolets..

The good old days

9 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

4 wide AA/GS

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

These things are awesome , low 7's short wheelbase craziness

Drag racing is a victim of its own success.  Times have dropped and speeds have risen to the point they need to shorten the distance to keep it "safe."

I was at US 131 Dragway in Martin, MI the night "Big Daddy" Don Garlits turned (at that track) the first 7 second -- lower than 8.0 -- quarter mile in his AA/Fueler.  Now gassers and pro-stockers are in the 7s.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Drag racing is a victim of its own success.  Times have dropped and speeds have risen to the point they need to shorten the distance to keep it "safe."

I was at US 131 Dragway in Martin, MI the night "Big Daddy" Don Garlits turned (at that track) the first 7 second -- lower than 8.0 -- quarter mile in his AA/Fueler.  Now gassers and pro-stockers are in the 7s.

Only the fuel dragsters and funny cars run the shortened 1000 foot distance all other classes still run the 1320 .

Pro Stock has been in the mid 6's for quite awhile now . 

4 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Only the fuel dragsters and funny cars run the shortened 1000 foot distance all other classes still run the 1320 .

Pro Stock has been in the mid 6's for quite awhile now . 

I ran the 1320 in junior high track...cross country was more my favorite though, such short distances to need a motor....

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I ran the 1320 in junior high track...cross country was more my favorite though, such short distances to need a motor....

I always hated running and basic training confirmed it . Actually the whole force march stuff was worse than running .

On March 22, 2017 at 8:24 AM, DizRotus said:

Ship them to JL to try.  But first you'd need to confirm whether fungi can be shipped from Australia, a country not known for its spore ports. Groan away @CECAA850.

Carl-

Does this @CECAA850 business work?  If you were aware of this and didn't groan, my feelings are hurt.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...