Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

13 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Thing is with air pressure is that it should always be done when the tires are cold.  Period.  Try this, check your pressures when you've been driving around for awhile and set them where you want.  Then, check them again the next morning before you drive the rig.  Surprising how much difference there can be.  Tire pressures increase as the tire gets warm and the air gets agitated.  How's that for great photography?  I feel like we've invaded this post with what should be in the car guy thread.  I do like talkin' 'bout some cars 'dough!!

Guess I need to take some pictures of my tires to tie all this in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

@Thaddeus Smith  You've definitely got talent behind the lens.  I couldn't take pics of my girls like that if I tried.

I wish I knew a magic formula.. it just depends on the day and her mood. I do find that an interesting distraction makes her not mind, rather than being posed and directed and realizing that she's the subject of focus. Then it's just a matter of sitting back and shooting her while she does her thing..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, ACV92 said:

@Thaddeus Smith  You've definitely got talent behind the lens.  I couldn't take pics of my girls like that if I tried.

I know, Thad is a master at it. I have commented on several of his kids shots as he should be doing that at least on the side, if not full time.  The woman we pay in a very upscale area has a sweet loft above the garage of her 6K sq. foot home, but she cant pull that off with our 3 year old. Oh, and she has a waiting list a mile long at $1200 a pop for a 3 hour shoot.

1 hour ago, Max2 said:

I know, Thad is a master at it. I have commented on several of his kids shots as he should be doing that at least on the side, if not full time.  The woman we pay in a very upscale area has a sweet loft above the garage of her 6K sq. foot home, but she cant pull that off with our 3 year old. Oh, and she has a waiting list a mile long at $1200 a pop for a 3 hour shoot.

I appreciate the compliments! I tried photography for money about 8 years ago and it robbed the joy and creativity out of it for me. I backed off heavily, and ultimately didn't pick up a camera for several years, until late 2015. Keeping it as a hobby makes gear acquisition a bit trickier, but not impossible. I've got a pretty slim kit that suits my shooting preferences, and that's it. So i may do some gigs for friends and family, but not with the expectation of compensation.

• Like 1