Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
On 10/5/2017 at 12:12 PM, BigStewMan said:

i do know a lot of people; but, close friends ... sadly can probably count them on one hand.

But that's understandable with the hook and all............sorry couldn't help it. :huh:  But really what you said is probably normal.

The whole page was funny,  problem is you think about it too much, you need a little more, I don't give a crap what people think attitude. So what if they don't like you, I have some to spare but don't know how to give it to you. :lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

But that's understandable with the hook and all............sorry couldn't help it. :huh:  But really what you said is probably normal.

The whole page was funny,  problem is you think about it too much, you need a little more, I don't give a crap what people think attitude. So what if they don't like you, I have some to spare but don't know how to give it to you. :lol: 

In other words...............just relax and be yourself so, at least, others will have the right reasons for not liking you. :D

• Like 3

Just got a new Nikon D850 and I'm testing the image quality of my old lenses - several of them just don't measure up with the new camera.  This is not an especially good photo but I took this in testing my old 58mm f1.2 Noct Nikkor ais (manual) lens.  I'm happy to see that my favorite lens still holds it's own.

37340517180_06ed972126_k.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sputnik said:

In other words...............just relax and be yourself so, at least, others will have the right reasons for not liking you. :D

maybe THAT’S what i’m afraid of ... you can like me a little less already since i’m closer to Montana than I was when i lived in Los Angeles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dtel said:

So what if they don't like you, I have some to spare but don't know how to give it to you.

funny thing. Years ago, my eldest sister and her husband went to visit friends of hers.  When they returned i asked if they enjoyed the trip. She said she did; but, her husband didn’t. My sister’s friend’s husband didn’t like my brother-in-law for some reason and that drove my Brother-in-Law crazy. He couldn’t figure out why in the world someone wouldn’t like him. Except for the part where he has absolutely no filters and says whatever he feels like saying -- he was a fun guy to be around and one of the biggest party animals I’ve ever met. 

Me ... i’m more messed up than that. I rarely give people the chance not to like me.  For the record, I can count on one hand all the people that i know don’t like me...and that’s meeting people for 57 years. The odds are in my favor that i’ll be liked; but, still i hesitate. Probably a clinical name for it; like “nuts” or something.  A few people in recent years that know a little about me have made the comment that they couldn’t believe that after the stuff i saw and went through as a kid, that nobody took me for counseling. Heck, i never even heard of counseling until i was in my 20s. I don’t think it was that popular in the 60s/70s --maybe it was; but, it didn’t reach me. 

So, you’re stuck with this messed up dude on your forum; but, don’t worry, I don’t ask for things and I stay out of everybody’s business. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

maybe THAT’S what i’m afraid of ... you can like me a little less already since i’m closer to Montana than I was when i lived in Los Angeles.

There, I just liked you.  BTW, you're doing OK here - you have a 104% like vs post ratio and I"m at a pathetic 9%.  Maybe I'll start a thread just asking members to like me.

• Like 5

I know this is sooo last month but here are some of my eclipse photos.

37575891562_b7b9995d63_b.jpg

I like this early shot where lunar terrain can be seen silhouetted against the sun.

36753699985_154f1258a9_k.jpg

Mercury can be seen in the lower left of the frame at totality.

37575334722_f4fd5a4005_b.jpg

Edge shot near the end of totality.

36897867614_6d43d33072_h.jpg

Diamond Ring effect at the end of totality.

• Like 9

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Probably a clinical name for it; like “nuts” or something.  

Could be but that's why you fit in here, most are not in a position to judge you. I did give it a like so that says about the same for me. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sputnik said:

Just got a new Nikon D850 and I'm testing the image quality of my old lenses - several of them just don't measure up with the new camera..

I am interested to hear what old lenses have  you tried with D850 that did not measure good. Because I have a few of old ones too, and have been thinking to switch from analog to digital. Was thinking about D750 or Df, or may be even a 610.

I am curious how my 200mm f4 micro would behave, or 28mm f2,8 AiS and 50mm f1,4 AiS...and so on.