Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

`Mornin folks. Got a little bit of snow today. Big goose feather type that the "big snow, little snow" phrase came from didn't hold because it's turned smaller and doesn't appear it will stop until dinnertime.

I planted a group of volunteer saplings in the front yard to stop the heat of the afternoon sun and ten years later they're about 30-35' tall. These tulip trees make a yellow-orange-green flower in the spring that turns into a wooden shell of that flower until the next spring.

They look like little ice cream cones right now!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3

So this is exciting for a retired southerner that's seen TX, the bayou states and the Carolina beaches get more snow than us the past decade. Looks like we'll have a half foot by tonight.

Our bonsai dogwood looks cool with the snow on it too.

With what we've got in the fridge it's gonna be chili or Texas hash for the next couple of days plus chips, frijole and salsa!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4

Now that IS cold @Ceptorman  we're only in the high 20s now and it's kinda cool compared to 2018 so far!

Worst I've been in was -5 on a liquor-cycle going about three miles away to watch a playoff game. Snow and ice all over back then (80s) here in jim&tammyland in Jan every year. So downhill I could go about 35 or 40 mph...and the snot froze my ski mask to my face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Nice folks: a miniature castle, lady with blue-green hair and a sweater to match, and a lady with a snowball and yucca? or is that a tequila bush - tree thing (agave)?

My daughter color-coordinates her clothes and with her hair. Kids today :) .........

I did get some darn nice shots in the snow

• Like 2