Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

2 minutes ago, Rxonmymind said:

Ok, so maybe not a "great" photo but here is Lily knocked out cold. She didn't hear me open the door. Not like I was quiet either as there is a chain on the door.  So much for being a robust guard dog. :lol:

IMG_20180311_073949.jpg

how is lily acclimating ???

10 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Ok, so maybe not a "great" photo but here is Lily knocked out cold. She didn't hear me open the door. Not like I was quiet either as there is a chain on the door.  So much for being a robust guard dog. :lol:

But... I'd bet she would be a good protector for y'all that have been so good to her since her previous life. Bulldogs have brains & can use them!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

how is lily acclimating ???

Very well, sometimes has relapse it  overall a A-. Lots pasta, belly rubs and whatever else I'm not even going to ask their giving her when I'm not looking.:D

A funny..

Yesterday she got a nice warm bath with a deshedding mitt. Extreme princess package that took us a little over an hour. Afterwards she went NUTS! ZOOM, ZOOM this way and that way feeling good. I looked at the ingredients with suspicion. Not that.

I thought, damn then I'm going to get deshedding myself and promptly went to the hair stylist that I've been going to for twelve years. I asked her if she had the same that would make me do that. 

She cracked up. While I didn't zoom, I certainly had a nice pep in my step after the haircut. 

She's doing great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JBCODD said:

My wife and I with alla da grandkids at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs during this past Christmas.

Good looking family, you two are brave for bringing 6 little ones on a trip, we have done 3, couldn't imagine another 3.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Good looking family, you two are brave for bringing 6 little ones on a trip, we have done 3, couldn't imagine another 3.

Their parents brought them. We just played with them. Got all five of our kids, and all the grandkids together.

• Like 1

I need to break out the big old cookbook for that Madeira / carrot sauce French like recipe that is so good for venison. Saw two big bucks and a doe the other day, these five might be their offspring. "They" cleared about seven acres adjacent to my neighborhood a decade ago to build Park South Station condos. The wildlife from there lives in "our" territory now, three medium sized creeks run through here in about a two mile square area. So when they aren't in our yards I guess they're in those natural areas.

They watched us watching them getting in the car a while ago, then I get back and they're nestled in the soft bed of pine needles that I put out recently. Been around freezing most of the day here with flurries and sleet but they are acting very comfortable.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I need to break out the big old cookbook for that Madeira / carrot sauce French like recipe that is so good for venison. Saw two big bucks and a doe the other day, these five might be their offspring. "They" cleared about seven acres adjacent to my neighborhood a decade ago to build Park South Station condos. The wildlife from there lives in "our" territory now, three medium sized creeks run through here in about a two mile square area. So when they aren't in our yards I guess they're in those natural areas.

They watched us watching them getting in the car a while ago, then I get back and they're nestled in the soft bed of pine needles that I put out recently. Been around freezing most of the day here with flurries and sleet but they are acting very comfortable.

image.jpgimage.jpg

dinner...to bad there out of season....

Spring then fall usually at the break of day or right before I've seen two or three frequently. Sometimes on the back porch when I open the curtains for the sunrise. The two bucks and "their" doe for a couple years now. But five deer? Never in the decade that they, the red tailed hawks or the eagles had to leave their abode.

• Like 1

Yes it would @Ceptorman plus the 15 lb possum, the coyotes and that big orange tomcat chasing everything! We do get a kick out of the new wildlife that has shown up since the laboratory that helped invent polyester disco shirts is bulldozed and gone.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We do get a kick out of the new wildlife that has shown up since the laboratory that helped invent polyester disco shirts is bulldozed and gone.

What the lab is gone, what a shame, 40+ years ago those shirts were responsible for attracting more doe's that in your picture. :lol:

Healthy looking deer, we have them show up in the yard also, always said I was going to get one but never have, just pictures, so far. They have tended to eat a whole garden more than once, we just like watching them more than anything.

• Haha 1