Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

I'm an hour from downtown Tucson ... that's close enough. Used to live at the other end of the road, the jct at I-19.   Got too close. My dad wanted me to move to Tucson. "You'll get shot out there", he said.

"Maybe so. But, I will know by who and why".  I like it out here.

• Like 1

well, currently living in metro Jackson MS, 2010 count 173k.  having lived in a small town of 2000 before moving to Jackson, it wasn't bad.  but - having lived in B'ham AL for 40 yrs before, and now living in a similar metro area - I do enjoy the conveniences of the bigger cities.  and like Neil said somewhere - medical care has become more important as my GF & I both age and need slowly increasing medical monitoring, checkups etc.  but I did enjoy the small town & country life.  I've always been one to make the best of what I have - when I get lemons, give me some Stoli or Grey Goose, ice, a shaker and some cane sugar & I can have a nice time.   :emotion-46:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I like where I live. I'm in the metro area of a city of 2 million people, but I'm 25 miles from downtown. I pull out of my driveway and I'm in the country. I seldom lock my doors or my vehicles.

As you know, the exact same here except for the locking of the doors.

I came home from work the other day and realized I left my garage door open all day, some summer nights I may forget to close it as well.

My subdivision of 22 houses is carved out of a farm field off of a county road with a cow pasture across the street.

Now if my neighbor would just get rid of that damn rooster

It is a nice place to live as long as you like the sight of corn.

• Like 2

We have a hospital 35min away.  Used to need to run to Tucson.

I live 12 miles from the Mexican border. We never lock up.

Locks only keep your friends out, anyway. 

When I get my camera figured out, again,  I'll start posting more pics.  Most will be cropped to fit the sites limit...  not generally a problem.  I like to do macros. A lot of the things I see require enlargement.  Some of the flowers are ~1/8 inch across

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

I came home from work the other day and realized I left my garage door open all day, some summer nights I may forget to close it as well.

i when i was in SoCal, i left my garage opened and went in the house. when i got back to the garage my tools were gone.

8 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

What's your address again....?:ph34r:

1122 Boogie Woogie Avenue :D

Where did I hear that!

8 hours ago, Davis said:

As you know, the exact same here except for the locking of the doors.

My subdivision of 22 houses is carved out of a farm field off of a county road with a cow pasture across the street.

Now if my neighbor would just get rid of that damn rooster

It is a nice place to live as long as you like the sight of corn.

You're safe out here!

(might chain down those Belles)

• Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I seldom lock my doors or my vehicles.

We don't either, I started locking it at night, I figured it easy easier than cleaning up what would happen if someone came in at night.

A few years ago we were going to Tennessee for a week and couldn't find the front door key so we just left it unlocked, we found it later and lock it now when we leave but usually one of the kids stay here now.

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I seldom lock my doors or my vehicles.

i lock my vehicle when i’m in it, and whenever I step away ... regardless of how long. Old habits die hard.  Last time i forgot to lock my truck (back in SoCal), i went out in the morning and it had been ransacked. 

• Moderators

That looks much better than poop and needles. Sorry just trying to remind you why you moved so you don't go back.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Diseased-Streets-472430013.html

As the Investigative Unit photographed nearly a dozen hypodermic needles scattered across one block, a group of preschool students happened to walk by on their way to an afternoon field trip to city hall.

“We see poop, we see pee, we see needles, and we see trash,” said teacher Adelita Orellana. “Sometimes they ask what is it, and that’s a conversation that’s a little difficult to have with a 2-year old, but we just let them know that those things are full of germs, that they are dangerous, and they should never be touched.”

In light of the dangerous conditions, part of Orellana’s responsibilities now include teaching young children how to avoid the contamination.

• Thanks 1