Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

He would have been out anyway, should have anyway, can't run around the catcher, got to stay on the baseline or they would have to chase him all over the field. :huh:

I clicked to come look at pictures but accidentally went to the first page when you started this thread. :o Look at the size of your son in 2013, he's growing up fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I should take some shots before the sun goes down.  Most of the time it is too bright to take decent pics. The mesquites are all fresh green. They will turn almost blue before it rains again ... in late June..

there are some neat flowers going off right now.  I'll need to wait for "the golden hour" to take pics.

trying to track down where the hummer are building. I see them gathering nesting material... Cat hair, spiderwebs, fiberglass insulation.

in the mean, you have to suffer another sunset

5ae4e6cb97f40_DSCF0393(2).thumb.JPG.92a90fbc98184f10416d7111c6c0a659.JPG

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, sputnik said:

Not "great photography"

Well if your going to put that disclosure in, :huh: I do not claim any picture I have ever put here would be considered a great photo, just ones I like.

6 hours ago, billybob said:

Nice photos from my POV. At least you have some nice scenery where you are. Southeast Asia as well. Good show!B)

Yes they were and Bruce's pictures also. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

One thing I have been meaning to put here is there is quite a difference in storage on memory cards going from 10.1 megs to 24.1 per picture. I didn't even think of this, all I thought was good more detail. I have plenty of cards but at this rate I need more SD cards for when we go off for a week or more just to be safe. I know I can set it lower but that's no fun.

When in Arkansas last week I took about 125 pictures, my old computer was not really happy about that, it went along but no more putting hundreds at a time anymore, time to look for a new computer tower it seems. It never ends :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

does anyone know the relationship pixels : mb?

I looked at the menu in the camera thinking I could figure it out with how many pictures would fit on a 4gb memory card and kept thinking I was measuring the wrong thing. It turns out it didn't seem that easy there were other factors.

https://www.techhive.com/article/240271/everything_you_want_know_about_megapixels_megabytes_and_dpi.html

But someone could come up with a simple answer, I was just going about it the wrong way. I think ?

4 hours ago, dtel said:

But someone could come up with a simple answer, I was just going about it the wrong way. I think ?

I'll offer another way of looking at it. I take a lot of pictures that I share on the net. I usually go with 2.4 meg jpg for these photos. The two pictures above I took at this resolution. Look at the stitches on the tossed baseball. Also, there seems to be plenty of detail for printing 8x10s.

• Like 2

that was a 4.8mb pic.  So , I  have some point of reference

that will help me.

It would be nice if the program would tell you mb's w/o having to run it thru a different site to see if it will fit. Or is there? I am in Paint3-D

when I get some batteries for the camera, I'll be in business