Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Not a great shot, but had to act fast.  Here is a shot of my rooftop digital media retrieval system. Gotta stay connected.😊 A Dish dish, and my OTA and FM antenna. Oh yeah, and some World War ll era fighters doing a flyby for the 4th. They come by each year and cruise the beach.  The sound they make, is music to my ears.  

IMG_0286.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, dtel said:

Forgot it's summertime again, grabbed the camera to get a pic of some deer in the backyard and went outside forgetting it's hot and humid now, the UV lense cover fogged up. 

When I remember, I bring out the whole bag closed up and let it warm up slowly, but then everything warms up when it doesn't have to. 

What's the best way to avoid causing moisture ? I'm not so much worried about the protective lens cover fogging but wouldn't want that for the inside of the camera or lens everytime i go outside.

Whenever I order something online and it comes with one of those little silicone desiccant pouches I keep them and put it in my camera bag and that really helps keep everything dry. You can buy them on Amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Packets-Premium-Silica-Desiccant-Rechargeable/dp/B00J0J5ZFW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1530807989&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=desiccant&psc=1

In the Pictures folder on my PC, I classified this under "East Texas Yard Nature". This is a picture of a Butterfly and naturally it is on one of our Butterfly Bushes (Spring 2009).

PB Picture removed.

• Like 6

• Moderators
8 hours ago, twk123 said:

You can buy them on Amazon as well:

I had no idea about those things, I always threw them away not knowing if they were still any good. Had no idea some can be recharged.

Always thought it was funny when they say "do not eat".

dtel, thank you! We have Butterfly Bushes in the planters around two sides of our home. That Butterfly bush in particular is the largest and seems to always have huge flower clusters and would be a nature photographer's delight!

15 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Wow, that is an AMAZING picture: jumping spider eating a wasp

Thanks! I have been pretty lucky to be at the right place at the right time when I have my Macro rings on. Here is another shot I took when I found two 'Daddy Longlegs' fighting:

image.thumb.png.3f748000c2fad0a23fe79133dc6e6213.png

• Like 2

Pigeon Point Lighthouse. I took this picture in 2004 when we lived in Oceanside, CA and my wife and I took my sister and brother-in-law on a trip up the California coast, which included a few days in San Francisco and The Redwoods.

The Pigeon Point Lighthouse is on the central California coast, about 50 miles south of San Francisco , and it is one of the tallest lighthouses in America.

PB Picture removed.

• Like 4