Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

A good friend of mine, while still on the faculty of Covenant College, started doing short interviews of Chattanooga Lookouts players. He was an education teacher, and wanted to write a book that was a collection of stories of athletes who were influenced/encouraged by a teacher. He ended up getting credentials and attended Atlanta Braves games and summer spring training camps. He did take pictures, but mostly close ups for his written interviews.

Go for it!

Bruce

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I would think it is too small. It's only a once a week publication.

Ask for one game a season at their convenience.  It's possible.  That doesn't work lie thru your teeth and tell them Nick's summer house is almost next to yours!  lol  Any player's fairly local to you that you could do a feature story on???  Gotta be an angle somewhere...  THINK man!  Maybe just to shoot "file photos" since the paper doesn't have AP or a wire service for photos.  Tell them your age and you'll be totally invisible and not bother anyone for anything.  Sometime's just straight up works wonders IF you get to the right person.  Get their name and make sure to thank them by name even if they say no.  Then NEXT year call them back and ask again...  Get your editors or owner's premission though...  Cover yourself. 

lol

• Like 1

We have not seen our skinny doe that repeatedly eats that redbud sapling I planted three years ago and is still less than two feet tall. It's been almost a week now, but two days ago saw this between here and Southpark and it was still there just now. So I have not heard of a person getting run over and if someone did I think there would be more bumper damage. The deer have skinny legs so I think one of them destroyed this unlucky persons car.

IMG_20180904_145023_1.jpg

IMG_20180904_145024_1.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

Strange place to have damage ? A tree ?

Hi, and I hope you two fare well the next couple of days!

I've looked at that car several times the last couple of days, the damage is centered to the windshield, roof above is buckled from the center of the impact point. Hood seems ok even in my full sized pictures, some damage to the bumper - I have no idea if it's fresh or not. No damage seen to the pillars at the front of the cabin, something pretty heavy landed on that windshield.

I got to slow down because the closest car behind me was 1/8 mile behind me but was still moving when I snapped those pics. Can't see blood or bark smudges but we've had some pretty good thunderstorms lately. If a person was hit the car would have been impounded (the way I think anyhow), A carnivore with a pickup could have taken the carcass of a good sized deer.

The nature of the damage is what interested me, a baseball bat would have left marks leading from the center. That Nicholas Cage movie had a body fall from the sky in Las Vegas, we'd have heard about that too!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hi, and I hope you two fare well the next couple of days!

Thank you, should be fine.

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

the damage is centered to the windshield, roof above is buckled from the center of the impact point

That's a pretty tough spot, it takes alot to bend it in like that, just strange with no other damage. The first thing I thought of was a piece of equipment like a backhoe touched the roof, no telling ?

• Haha 1

• Moderators

They are lucky if they were in it at the time, it could have went a foot or two deeper whatever caused it. I would think it's totaled, I doubt it could ever be straightened enough to get a new windshield to fit ? 

Testing out the new camera rig.. Fujifilm XT-2. Seems comparable to what I was doing with Canon gear, so that's good. I've only got the 23mm f/1.4 right now, with hopes of getting the 56mm f/1.2 in the future (35mm and 85mm focal length equivalents on crop sensor). The XT-3 was just announced, but I was able to do a complete even trade with another local guy and this gear is perfectly adequate for several years to come, so that's cool :)

Here's one of my favorite models..

DSCF3616.jpg

DSCF3605.jpg

DSCF3593.jpg

DSCF3584.jpg

DSCF3569.jpg

DSCF3595.jpg

• Like 6

My mother in law is a photog as well, does the whole studio setup and posing, etc. So when Adelaide and I get to shooting it's just free form next to a big window with good light. We talk and laugh and she just does whatever she wants in the moment.. I get a lot of great 1:1 moments with her this way and she gets to be goofy and express herself. No pets were present, she just avoids looking at the camera about half the time.

• Like 2

Slipped down to Columbus last evening for the 1973 Ohio State National Championship Football team's reunion dinner.  Got the invite from QB Cornelius Green so scooped up the two grand kids and slipped South.  Both of them LOVE Corney and he has a blast with them when he's around so we almost always hook-up.  Nope, not dragging a camera bag just the cell...  Lilly isn't smiling since she lost 4 front teeth and Trenton is ALWAYS on the go...  Lilly has two OSU loves, Corney and last years defensive end Tyquan Lewis now playing for the Colts.  Last nite she wore her "tribute" to Tyquan t-shirt!  Trenton wore his OSU jersey.  At first he didn't want a pic w/2-time Heisman winner Archie Griffin then suddenly changed his mind somehow (thinking Corney).  I did learn one thing!!!  NEVER give a kid a Sharpie to have his jersey signed.  After the photo he was GONE!!!  Corney, Archie, Lilly and me sat laffin at Trenton workin the masses getting his jersey signed...  Former players, wives, older kids and yes, even the bartender signed his jersey.  I'm losing it and Corney and Archie are laffin their arses off!!!  Yup, both were out cold before we were outta the parking lot!  hahaha  Great nite for the kids...  ME?  Not so much!  lol     Raise 'em right and they grow up to be Buckeyes!   :)

IMG_20180907_201641670.jpg

IMG_20180907_204656543.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1