Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Flew to the East last weekend for a nieces wedding. Since my birthday was that weekend, my wife took me to Niagra Falls. Most impressive.

IMG_0683.JPG

Got a shot of my Mom and all surviving siblings, with most of the spouses. (Two brothers in law were camera shy)

Also got to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Awesome.

IMG_0687.JPG

• Like 6

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JBCODD said:

Wife sez I'm odd

Maby, but you do a good job stacking rocks, well done. 

Looks like fun, the river part. :)

There is a place about an hour from here that we go but we rent equipment. When we started we got a canoe, then we tried kayaks, never again with a canoe it's not nearly as much fun and harder.

I have only tried the sit on kayaks, never a sit in like in the pic, I'm a little scared of those.

Since I haven't put a pic here in awhile this is the kind of kayaks we rent , the basic sit on type. 

Olympus waterproof tough camera

kayaking_8_2014-25.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dtel said:

I have only tried the sit on kayaks, never a sit in like in the pic, I'm a little scared of those.

The sit in kayaks we have are the "recreational" type. Quite stable. When they do turn over they are quite easy to un-a$$. (Exit)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JBCODD said:

Went six and a half miles down the Salt River in kayaks with my wife. I got bored waiting as my wife drove back to the launch point to switch vehicles. Ended up stacking rocks on wood pilings. Wife sez I'm odd, but she still loves me.

IMG_0692.JPG

Great Balancing Act!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JBCODD said:

Some friends and family on the Book uv Faces have noticed that the far stack resembles me in my hat.

I think you're right it does.

1 hour ago, JBCODD said:

The sit in kayaks we have are the "recreational" type. Quite stable. When they do turn over they are quite easy to un-a$$. (Exit)

That's what I was scared of, I have seen people turn themselves upright with the paddle, I am not one of those people.

• Like 1

A 100ft. palm tree, needing a little trimming this morning, for the upcoming winter.  The only way to do it, is either climb up with spikes and a belt or up in a long boom arm and a bucket. Palm trees are over rated.  I've talked to the guy who does this. He said, he has done it hundreds of times, but it is always a bit scary.  looks a bit sad after its done.

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

On 9/21/2018 at 10:11 PM, JBCODD said:

Went six and a half miles down the Salt River in kayaks with my wife. I got bored waiting as my wife drove back to the launch point to switch vehicles. Ended up stacking rocks on wood pilings. Wife sez I'm odd, but she still loves me.

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

Did you have Ranger Rick's permission to move and stack those rocks? It would have taken another 100 million years of cosmic evolution for those rocks to get in those positions by themselves:)

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:

Did you have Ranger Rick's permission to move and stack those rocks? It would have taken another 100 million years of cosmic evolution for those rocks to get in those positions by themselves:)

Weill wait. :o He did better than I would have, I would have stole a couple, I "collect" a couple of rocks from wherever we go, I still don't know how that petrified wood got here ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1