Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

11 hours ago, dtel said:

That is very cool, and a good picture. 

Do you plan on bringing it back to a place for gatherings, just wondering because it looks perfect for that. 

I love those kinds of structures, we added a much smaller one than that to the front garden 16x24, and it gets used more than we would have ever expected. BUT we do not have a back patio like yours either. I was looking for something similar to what you did, shade and some ceiling fans/electricity and a couple of speakers for music.

Edit; I was thinking about that, that was one huge deck under there, that would get expensive fast at that size. We used pea gravel and on the walkways going to it since it's what our driveway is. Cheap and easy, just hose it down if needed and blow off leaves, not the most convenient but good enough for what it is. We did put stepping stones to make it easier to walk out there, it's kind of off the left side of the front porch.

yard2.jpg

Really do like your light treatments. Surely those ground lights are 120v? They sure do light up that cool walkway.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Really do like your light treatments. Surely those ground lights are 120v? They sure do light up that cool walkway.

Well, thank you but they are not, they are low voltage. That part of the walkway was really dark, and being cheap I found a cheap set of path lights and just replaced all the bulbs with much stronger LED's, this was much cheaper than buying the set with LED's. Found a place selling off some spotlights cheap and added 10 of those for trees with a lower powered LED. The little transformer is only 39 watts, I put 10 LED's at 2.5 watts each for the walk and 10 LED's at 1.2 watts and it's no more power than the original 10 incandescent bulbs and much brighter. The 1.2 watt bulb is about as bright as the bulb that came with the set. They have been working for over a year now with no burnouts or problems. 

The 10 walk lights were $39 with wire and transformer, their plastic but at that price I could change them out when they get old. I replaced the walk bulbs with these led's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-68-SMD-T10-LED-Light-Wedge-168-194-Turn-Corner-Tail-Stop-Bulb-Warm-White/332292834225?epid=22004666664&hash=item4d5e3243b1:g:ZSsAAOSw0GJZn6Cn:rk:14:pf:0

62002aad-5bb0-4ed9-9e2b-1fd9f45cd756.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

LEDs have changed the way people light up everything!

That's true, and the price has come down alot over the last couple of years, we have changed completely over to LED,  besides saving money I have not had to change any out, they last a very long time, with old incandescent bulbs it seemed something in the house was burned out every week.  3000 hour lifespan compared to 25,000+ .

26 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Looks like Alcatraz in the distance? Of course, it is  not. Way too big. Here is one of that place.

image.png.9bf7f509efc3d2b1772af4db18b61315.png

Alcatraz, sitting in San Francisco bay is a cool image, though not a place I ever felt like visiting. The Island in the last image is Catalina,  a nicer place to check out if one is ever in the area.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...