Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

3 hours ago, Schu said:

There was a window washer that died here in Vegas on Wednesday after falling from the Trump tower suites... I took this photo about 15 minutes before the incident on that day

I don't know why I took it... but I thought it was a little weird that these guys were not using a commercial scaffold at such great heights.

Those are two separate guys on Bolsons Chairs? That high? UH uhhh (shakes head sideways smiley)

Never remember using this word before but read it many times......

That is incredulous!

Either malice at play there or stupidity. Harsh but true. If you can't tie off properly... to a good fixture, and tie a good knot, immediately prior inspecting the rope... you should not be up three stories let alone that high!

It's sad but from that height after a couple seconds of terror there was no pain for him.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2018 at 12:29 AM, Dave1290 said:

Suuuuure it did...  😂 😎

Dude, I could not find strings without blue except for the clear lights.:blink:

IMG-20181214-100330.jpg

I put them on an emptied string in case I needed it in the future to keep the sockets clean.

I've only seen the blue pulled off in a satisfactory manner a couple of times, and this place isn't a multi-million art-deco or bambi & thumpers Frank Lloyd Wright place in Vegas!

We've got Salmon, no Clemson Orange brick on a 50s small ranch house.

**That wasn't a FLW in "Diamonds are Forever" It was someone that was an apprentice of Mr. Wright, John Lautner. This place could pull off blue Christmas lights!

http://anguloarquitectura.com/en/elrod-house_diamantes-para-la-eternidad-1971/

Lautner-Elrod-House-Bambi-Thumper.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

A+ for the valiant effort @JohnJ!  That's 1 more light than I'm putting up!  In my defense though I did buy a $600 tree after Christmas at Lowe's about 6 years ago.  I watched that tree drop in price for about 3-4 days until it was the only one left in the store.  Snagged that puppy @ 715 one morning after what the Manager said was gonna be the last price drop...  $250 out the door.  Beautiful tree but STILL in the box sitting upstairs talking up half of a closet.  lol  My two girls are stretched 6 directions during Xmas so sure they're here for a while but the grand kids have it figured out.  They're 7 and 8 so they get gift cards.  They love to shop the sales after Xmas and it's good for them.  They have to add up what they've spent and make decisions on what they both want.  Pretty amazing to hear that they "get" what they didn't get and even share their funds to get something they both can use.  This year it's a $100 card for Dick's Sporting Goods.  Gonna tell them to think T-Ball...  I do like your blue lights though!  Just had to bust ya a lil but you know that!  lolol   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Bosun's chairs?  My guess is they were the low bidders.  Tragic.

Bosun is the “hooked on phonics” spelling of the nautical term boatswain.  Each is an acceptable spelling when referring to those devices.  

This tragic incident reminds me of the attached iconic photo.  Without much dreaded and maligned OSHA regulations, the need to earn a living tempts desperate people to unnecessarily risk their lives to be low bidder on dangerous work.

0F4BCCDC-435F-4DA3-9CBF-C7B95AA9CD37.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Bosun is the “hooked on phonics” spelling of the nautical term boatswain.  Each is an acceptable spelling when referring to those devices.

Bolson however, is not.  So much for a discreet correction.

I also doubt you remember I was once involved in competitive sailing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Bolson however, is not.  So much for a discreet correction.

I also doubt you remember I was once involved in competitive sailing.

Since you enjoy picking apart things I state, I'll give it a try now 😂

Hear Steve Martin:  📣 "Excuu🎵uuuuu🎵use Meeee"

A Yankee from Long Island taught me that term in New Smyrna Beach FL about `04.

So blame it on that unionized hard-*** very good friend of mine. He took a shine to me`cause of my work ethic and Irish temper, we were a lot alike.

footnote: not mad oldtimer, I got a grin and a big chuckle out of what I quoted

• Like 2

They did not have labels on them.

And he%^, I heard and of course felt a rib crack going over a parapet wall on one of those once.

Did not miss one day of work but was practically in tears for six solid months with having to breathe, plus move my arms , pick up multiple fives and extension ladders all the time, spraying and/or backrolling elastomeric and such. 

4 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Muscle has come back to muscle cars. Ford is rumored to be planning an 800+ HP Mustang to compete with the high powered Dodge Challenger and Chargers.

Wb

That's not hard to do now... when the GT500 hits the streets better watch out.

23 hours ago, Schu said:

That's not hard to do now... when the GT500 hits the streets better watch out.

I like what I'm seeing WRT more powerful engines but wish more car makers would produce increases in engine power w/o the use of blowers and turbo-chargers. That is harder to do, especially cheaply.

Wb