Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

A lot of lttle store front shops... tbey make enough to get by. No Walmarts in the Philippines, but there are other large stores and malls. Not in as much direct competition though. The store is usually in the front with the house/sleeping area in back. Just takes a few steps to get to work...

Laundry is often out drying... goes good with all the high sulfur diesel exhaust in the air. 🙄

IMG_20181228_43928.jpg

• Like 3

Forgot... the silver/stainless steel object is a tricycle. They are custom attachments for motorcycles and will seat 2-3 people. Very inexpensive way to get around. There are also the larger jeepney, plus regular cabs, vans, buses and a light rail transit system. Since it is parked at this house, the owner proba ly drives this for a living. It would be locked up at night (or disappear).

• Like 1

It is a bit chilly in this country at the moment, even in Southern Cali, we are having a cold spell. I don't turn on the heat during the night, woke to a bedroom temp of 45 degrees.  

Perhaps, this pic, which is in rotation on my laptop, will bring a touch of warmth. A little solar flare, that can be up to 2 million degrees in temperature.  Taken, not with my iPhone.

5955806-6369787-image-m-9_1541719083416.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shiva said:

It is a bit chilly in this country at the moment, even in Southern Cali, we are having a cold spell. I don't turn on the heat during the night, woke to a bedroom temp of 45 degrees.  

Perhaps, this pic, which is in rotation on my laptop, will bring a touch of warmth. A little solar flare, that can be up to 2 million degrees in temperature.  Taken, not with my iPhone.

5955806-6369787-image-m-9_1541719083416.jpg

This has been my desktop on all my devices for YEARS... 

12270260983_eb7af60620_o.jpg

• Like 5

When traveling, I always enjoy local architecture, including churches. This obviously shows the influence that Catholic Spain had over the Philippines for 300 yrs.

Interestingly, the church was built in the early 1950s, the construction headed up by a U.S. Army chaplain. It was originally built for leprosy patients, so they wouldn't have to enter the nearby hospital grounds to attend church.

IMG_20181230_52283.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, Marvel said:

One can get lost in the Deviant Art web pages... so much beautiful and crazy work and talent.

True, haven't looked there in a while it got to be too much cartoonish characters for me. Plus I've got gigs of pics on separate storage drives that are getting to be too much!

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Plus I've got gigs of pics on separate storage drives that are getting to be too much! 

Trying to download the internet? I've saved so much stuff, organized it, and still can't find it when I want it.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Marvel said:

Trying to download the internet? I've saved so much stuff, organized it, and still can't find it when I want it.

Did you feel the 6.9 earthquake over there, it was Saturday morning. 

https://www.journalnow.com/news/nation_world_ap/strong-quake-off-philippines-prompts-panic-tsunami-warning/article_64caf67c-e141-50ee-971f-d8138f704029.html

@dtel    Didn't feel a thing here. Stepson's girlfriend lives on the north end of Mindanao and was at work when it happened. The buildimg shook and lights were swinging, but no real damage where she is. Very little damage has been reported.

• Like 2