Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sputnik said:

Some more attempts at panning blurs.

Some cool pictures I had no idea what it was. It is not an easy thing to do, a blur is much easier when using a zoom to zoom in, what your doing is harder. 

I like the third one the best

• Like 3

No "killer" images here because you can't see them. However, I am blown away and planning a trip to my river property next week or so for some serious stereo photography. I have a second Pentax K-3II camera body coming Monday. 400.00 delivered, and IMHO by far the best price/performance camera you can get. My opinion is that ultimate quality depends on the last worst piece of glass the light travels through more than what you pay for the body, and you can get some very fine lenses for these. Anyway, I needed to do video and stills simultaneously at our RMHC end of March events, so I decided to grab another one. As I am "stringing" for the local newspaper I needed a backup anyway. After ordering, I got to thinking that with two identical bodies I should experiment with stereo photos as I have a wonderful vintage 1920s lighted stereo viewer that came from a great aunt. Story as to how I wound it with it is downright spooky but I'll save that for later as I have much to do today. 

So, I thought it would be easy, but search for lens center to lens center for stereo on Google and was shocked. Incredibly complicated! However, having found that for audio I get great recordings putting two mics spaced about like my ears and placing them where my ears want to be, decided I'd try it anyway. My goodness, I was stunned! Awesome and I can't wait to do more. Ordered a ten dollar delivered from Amazon dual camera tripod mount (the experiment was done with simply carefully moving the camera a few inches) I'll get Friday. 

Here's a couple of pix of the stereo viewer with my images in it. The pix are in front of my house. This will be a LOT of fun!

StereoA.png

StereoB.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dtel said:

He rarely posts, but does have a cool website you would probably like, about retro and vintage hifi.  

Been through it from post one to about 2 years ago. Probably time to go back. Problem is I was obsessed with it for days last time... Best there is, IMHO. 

Dave

=== OK, I’m a rank amateur in the hobby but buying a small travel camera, (near pocket size) for a couple upcoming trips. I want good quality, willing to spend a few bucks. For travel is a telephoto, 24-70; 24-250+ a must? Or can fixed lens’ suffice for travel? I’m stuck on 1” sensors, or larger.

So - Sony RX100iii or iv

Lumix LX or ZS

Ricoh GRii fixed lens, large sensor

Canon G7x ii

Fuji X models are too big and far more than I need, care to spend

Keep it simple, same as my skills -