Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

21 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The end of 4 days or rain, the sun shines through.   A few interesting shapes within this formation.  Anyone see anything of note? 

IMG_1251.jpg

Cool pic.  That must have been from yesterday.  I'm in SD right now, since Monday anyway, and am flying home tomorrow.  Working here and have been driving all over.  Poway, Escondido, Imperial Beach, Oceanside, Santee, etc., etc.  Was looking forward to coming down then it rained heavy Monday, spotty Tuesday, but today was nice for sure.  It was all better than 10 degrees though.  Got a little needed Vitamin D.  Nice to see CA getting some rain. 

By the way, got bit by the 15 to 78 junction northbound this morning.  Was a little late for my first appointment.  Lesson learned.

• Like 4

Here is a piece of Iris Agate I dug in Tennessee and is some of the best in the world. It happens when there are roughly 10,000 lines of deposit per inch and up and when this happens it acts like a diffraction grating. When you move it up and down in front of your light source you see the colors change. The area of color is roughly 1.5" tall and 2.5" wide. The very best Iris under magnification is wavy and looks just like the groove on an LP record.

iris crop 005.JPG

iris4.JPG

• Like 11